• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CCS will be signing the max number of recruits and most in December

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

woohoo

3rd in conference based on volume............

Maybe they'll let us play with 12 guys at a time instead of 11.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

33 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Holtz always had his classes wrapped up early. So early in fact he could hand out scholarships to walk-ons like they were candy.

great recruiters get the top talent to flip late. <-- not true

Nobody would ever compare Strongs recruiting ability to Holtz.  Given the changes in the rules and signing day, it's actually pretty good to have your class signed early. A

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

woohoo

3rd in conference based on volume............

Well, it won’t be based entirely on volume, CCS will get his share of good recruits. You can hate on CCS all you want but the “poor recruiting” perspective does not hold...

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Holtz always had his classes wrapped up early. So early in fact he could hand out scholarships to walk-ons like they were candy.

great recruiters get the top talent to flip late.

I just don't get how some of you see the negative in EVERYTHING that is reported. There are plenty of teams that recruit higher than us every year and still suck. If a player signs early, its b/c they want to be here and I want players that want to be here period. Last year most of our team signed and we still signed some last minute players/transfers. Whats the issue?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I just don't get how some of you see the negative in EVERYTHING that is reported. There are plenty of teams that recruit higher than us every year and still suck. If a player signs early, its b/c they want to be here and I want players that want to be here period. Last year most of our team signed and we still signed some last minute players/transfers. Whats the issue?

The dude is a hater. CCS could bring in a five star QB and it would not be enough for some on this board.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I couldn't care less if a player wants to be here. Holtz signed guys that wanted to be here because we were by far their best option.

give me a guy who is pissed that FSU passed on him and will play with a chip on his shoulder.

not some guy who is happy to be here because we "stole" him from middle tennessee state

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The dude is a hater. CCS could bring in a five star QB and it would not be enough for some on this board.

he did bring in a 5 star QB. How did that work out for us?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It doesn't matter. You start with your opinion of the coach, then work backwards to fill the narrative. We've had one legit recruiting class in program history, the rest have all been middle of the pack. Doesn't matter if it was xCJL, xCSH, xCWT or now CCS. Some of them were "great recruiters" and some of them "went golfing." Same result when you look back at the composite rankings across all the major sites.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I couldn't care less if a player wants to be here. Holtz signed guys that wanted to be here because we were by far their best option.

give me a guy who is pissed that FSU passed on him and will play with a chip on his shoulder.

not some guy who is happy to be here because we "stole" him from middle tennessee state

he did bring in a 5 star QB. How did that work out for us?

Last year we got line backer Stacey Kirby after FSU/Taggart didn't extend him a scholarship that Jimbo Fisher offered him. We got an Oline transfer from VTech. McDoom transferred from Michigan and he runs a 4.3 40yd. A 4 star TE transferred from ole miss and we had a formerly 5 star QB transfer to USF.....all after a majority of our recruits singed early. At least read up on our recruits b4 you  start a rant. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It doesn't matter. You start with your opinion of the coach, then work backwards to fill the narrative. We've had one legit recruiting class in program history, the rest have all been middle of the pack. Doesn't matter if it was xCJL, xCSH, xCWT or now CCS. Some of them were "great recruiters" and some of them "went golfing." Same result when you look back at the composite rankings across all the major sites.

LOL you actually think Holtz's classes were anything like Taggart's or Leavitt's?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Something I think we saw with CWT that we haven't seen the last few years seems to be the few signing day surprises we used to get. That's what elevated our recruiting classes to the top of the AAC every year. I'm not a fan of settling for the 3rd-6th best class in the conference.