Jump to content
What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

CCS will be signing the max number of recruits and most in December


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,041
  • Reputation:   783
  • Days Won:  23
  • Joined:  02/02/2005

not sure I like this. Holtz always signed his classes early.

sometimes the best recruits come down to a last minute decision between us and say one of the big 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

not sure I like this. Holtz always signed his classes early.

sometimes the best recruits come down to a last minute decision between us and say one of the big 3.

It’s fine...Holtz did not work in early signing period times. I don’t think you get those lists minute switches like you use to. Also, we can’t screw around, we need help in specific areas ASAP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,041
  • Reputation:   783
  • Days Won:  23
  • Joined:  02/02/2005

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s fine...Holtz did not work in early signing period times. I don’t think you get those lists minute switches like you use to. Also, we can’t screw around, we need help in specific areas ASAP. 

Holtz always had his classes wrapped up early. So early in fact he could hand out scholarships to walk-ons like they were candy.

great recruiters get the top talent to flip late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Content Count:  5,160
  • Reputation:   253
  • Days Won:  2
  • Joined:  10/09/2007

Holtz was also not a very good recruiter.

Charlie may be a dinosaur when it comes to coaching philosophy, but he is a solid recruiter who knows Florida & is a respected name with HS coaches in the state.

this should also put to rest some of the fears that recruits will hesitate on committing to USF due to lack of an OC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  548
  • Content Count:  19,989
  • Reputation:   4,181
  • Days Won:  80
  • Joined:  09/13/2007

3 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

Holtz was also not a very good recruiter.

Charlie may be a dinosaur when it comes to coaching philosophy, but he is a solid recruiter who knows Florida & is a respected name with HS coaches in the state.

this should also put to rest some of the fears that recruits will hesitate on committing to USF due to lack of an OC.

La Tech had 1 kid drafted in 18.  USF had 2.  Know that is Taggarts guys but he was known as a great recruiter also.

Link https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-nfl-draft-picks-by-college-school-alabama-sets-record-with-12-selections/

Edited by CousinRicky
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Holtz always had his classes wrapped up early. So early in fact he could hand out scholarships to walk-ons like they were candy.

great recruiters get the top talent to flip late.

I’ll take CCS over Skippy in terms of recruiting statregy every day of the week and twice on Saturday: 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,041
  • Reputation:   783
  • Days Won:  23
  • Joined:  02/02/2005

I'm not really big on recruit rankings but 247 has USF as 6th best in AAC. not exactly hitting it out of the park. certainly not worth locking up early.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=AAC

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

Just now, Bull94 said:

I'm not really big on recruit rankings but 247 has USF as 6th best in AAC. not exactly hitting it out of the park. certainly not worth locking up early.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=AAC

Yeah but we only have a few so far. As the title says we will be signing max numbers (25). By shear volume we will finish no less that 3 in the conference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,041
  • Reputation:   783
  • Days Won:  23
  • Joined:  02/02/2005

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah but we only have a few so far. As the title says we will be signing max numbers (25). By shear volume we will finish no less that 3 in the conference. 

woohoo

3rd in conference based on volume............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...