• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like Geoff Collins of Temple is New Georgia Tech Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

sitting at Midway airport after a few days in Chicago.  The Windy City has us beat on food choices. 

This is correct.  If I had to choose one thing ATL is doing right over almost any other big city, it's craft beer.  ATL is slaying it in that regard.

Midway is the Walmart to O'Hare's Target. I think I got Hepatitis there. They have a ******* White Sox restaurant there.

I banged out the Weber Grill steakhouse while I was there, pierogis at a dive under an El platform, and an Italian beef sandwich. Also, I did a bit of work.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Midway is the Walmart to O'Hare's Target. I think I got Hepatitis there. They have a ******* White Sox restaurant there.

I banged out the Weber Grill steakhouse while I was there, pierogis at a dive under an El platform, and an Italian beef sandwich. Also, I did a bit of work.

When we did the ND game a few years back, we flew direct from Sarasota into Midway.. got caught up in a ww2 honor flight ‘parade’ when we were heading to get the luggage.. incredibly moving, so Midway (hep and white Sox 🤮 aside) has a special spot in my heart. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Try the Greek “restaurant” in the food court. Best Gyro I’ve ever ate. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Interesting article on all the things he does to make it fun for his players.  

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/7/18129795/geoff-collins-new-georgia-tech-head-coach-hired

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Interesting article on all the things he does to make it fun for his players.  

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/7/18129795/geoff-collins-new-georgia-tech-head-coach-hired

That money down stunt just looked lame as hell. I would be surprised if he brings that to Tech. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

20 hours ago, JTrue said:

I was eating at the White Sox restaurant when I posted my last post you quoted.  Had a great Italian beef sandwich there, paired nicely with Goose Island's Old Man Grumpy. 

Also hit up a Big and Littles, Giordano's, which is still behind Malnati's imo, Nonnina's in downtown, and Cindy's overlooking Millennium Park.  Also Dry Hop Brewers.  

Awesome time, as always.  Didn't do any work. 

36 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I was eating at the White Sox restaurant when I posted my last post you quoted.  Had a great Italian beef sandwich there, paired nicely with Goose Island's Old Man Grumpy. 

Also hit up a Big and Littles, Giordano's, which is still behind Malnati's imo, Nonnina's in downtown, and Cindy's overlooking Millennium Park.  Also Dry Hop Brewers.  

Awesome time, as always.  Didn't do any work. 

Got my pizza at Labriola this time and it was legit. I don’t think I’ve ever had Giordano’s except when there was one here in Tampa. Malnati’s is great, but I like mixing it up. Definitely try the Weber Grill next time you’re there.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

17 hours ago, JTrue said:

Got my pizza at Labriola this time and it was legit. I don’t think I’ve ever had Giordano’s except when there was one here in Tampa. Malnati’s is great, but I like mixing it up. Definitely try the Weber Grill next time you’re there.

Yeah I think Ginos East or Pizanos is next to try.  Just can't get over that crust at Malnati's.  If I see a Labriolas next time we'll give that a shot as well.  

What I missed this time was Small Cheval for a burger and alcohol-infused milkshake.  Those are amazing.  Will have to check out Weber too.  So many places, so little time there.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

Brings back memories of the ND game weekend. Had my first Goose Island (Honkers Ale) at Lou Malnatti’s. 

On 12/9/2018 at 12:13 PM, GaUSFBull said:

Yeah I think Ginos East or Pizanos is next to try.  Just can't get over that crust at Malnati's.  If I see a Labriolas next time we'll give that a shot as well.  

What I missed this time was Small Cheval for a burger and alcohol-infused milkshake.  Those are amazing.  Will have to check out Weber too.  So many places, so little time there.

Not sure if Labriola is a chain in town or not. I only saw it at the one location I was at, but I didn't venture too far from the area I was staying this time.