• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye bye Sterlin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Calibull said:

yeah we did... our defense played great and the offense was pretty consistent.  I remember Bowers played injured that game was was literally a non-factor.  

I don't remember Tajh Boyd (Clemson QB) looking all that great that day either. He would go on to be a Heisman candidate though.

Weird that Skip beat Miami, Clemson, ND, a decent Louisville team, then would eventually lose to Balls Tate, a crap Temple team, and about every team on the schedule in his last season here. He wasn't that bad before or since. Just a terrible fit for whatever reason.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

26 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You know what's funny/ I don't remember seeing any pics or tweets of Sterlin Gilbert recruiting or visitng a recruit.  But he is going hard now. 

image.png.384baecb083973f9cbee67c53d4d9235.png

Did his USF gear go to Goodwill/Salvation Army?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Did his USF gear go to Goodwill/Salvation Army?

There's a commemorative 3rd and 8 statue next to the athletic center now where it is buried.

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I don't remember Tajh Boyd (Clemson QB) looking all that great that day either. He would go on to be a Heisman candidate though.

Weird that Skip beat Miami, Clemson, ND, a decent Louisville team, then would eventually lose to Balls Tate, a crap Temple team, and about every team on the schedule in his last season here. He wasn't that bad before or since. Just a terrible fit for whatever reason.

Yeah... that was his freshman season I think.  He didn't look that great and I'm pretty sure he didn't start that game... I can't remember but I know there was another QB. 

I didn't understand that season at all.  We had some good wins against decent teams that season, I thought we were trending up and then... well... it happened. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/10/2018 at 9:06 AM, JTrue said:

What was the last game USF won where we didn't have the clear talent advantage? That's been, at least, the last 36 wins.

Winning while having a talent advantage isn't the same as out-talenting a team.  They can still out-coach, out-perform, and blow a team out.  The Gilbert teams pretty much rely on our offensive being bigger/faster/stronger, and eventually just breaking a simple play to make the difference (Cronkrite TD against ECU, the Salomon TD against Illinois, and McCants being McCants against Tulsa).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Triple B said:

It was about beating teams with more talent and I'll go out on a limb and say, regardless of their record, Clemson had more talent ...

It was the same Clemson team that almost (and should have) beaten the Cam Newton Tigers.  Kyle Parker was just so inconsistent; they might have picked up a few more wins if Boyd started earlier in the year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, G25C said:

It was the same Clemson team that almost (and should have) beaten the Cam Newton Tigers.  Kyle Parker was just so inconsistent; they might have picked up a few more wins if Boyd started earlier in the year.

Parker was the baseball guy, wasn't he .....?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

10 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

There's a commemorative 3rd and 8 statue next to the athletic center now where it is buried.

Good, maybe getting some new USF gear near the Sun Dome Indian burial mounds will satisfy the wrath they've had towards MBB for years.

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

Yeah... that was his freshman season I think.  He didn't look that great and I'm pretty sure he didn't start that game... I can't remember but I know there was another QB. 

I didn't understand that season at all.  We had some good wins against decent teams that season, I thought we were trending up and then... well... it happened. 

Judging by the Box Score, looks very possible that Boyd didn't start. He was definitely in late.....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=303650228

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Parker was the baseball guy, wasn't he .....?

Yes. They mention it in the recap...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=303650228