• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,087
  • Days Won:  1

You all talk like this league will have a long term future....I doubt we get more than 2, maybe 3 seasons.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

You all talk like this league will have a long term future....I doubt we get more than 2, maybe 3 seasons.

I'd say that depends on the style of play and how they manage the league.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

Agreed...College is my minor league football 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,455
  • Days Won:  13

On 12/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, 79 Bull said:

Really tough for non-established leagues/teams that come and go to invest in any infastructure.  Another 5-6 events per year of rental income is another story.  I think we also need to court the Rays as new owners of the Rowdies and get in line for the next round of MLS expansion.  MLS is a different ballgame in regards to investment in stadiums.

The USL (where the Rowdies play now and headquartered here in Tampa) are working hard to elevate their  teams to Division I soccer - parallel to the MLS.  Like the ABA for the NBA.... That said, the owner will have no interest in moving from St Petersburg.

Not sure what the Rays would do for a possible USF football stadium... considering they are sucking up all the available money in Tampa.  We should hope their efforts fail and they move to Las Vegas.

• Upvote 1

There will now be THREE spring leagues...none will make it past year three 

https://nypost.com/2018/12/06/ricky-williams-among-ex-nflers-planning-freedom-football-league/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

Where does this come from? How many times are we going to see Me Too Football rear its ugly head? 

If the NFL & NCAA are concerned about attendance declining, what would possess you to undertake a similar venture? Is there the belief that "well, you know, those previous machinations had it wrong. But me...I have the secret sauce. I'm gonna be different. I'm gonna be successful!"? What can a new product do? Tweak a few rules? I think when people say "there's no such thing as too much football", what they really mean is "there's no such thing as too much football  when it comes to [insert favorite teams here]".

I doubt there are sufficient addicts out there who go into withdrawal after the post season - be it college or pro - that are salivating at the opportunity for second an third tier faux football.  How-ev-ah....there are sufficient degenerate gamblers out there who would welcome yet another opportunity to continue gaming. That's the only benefit I see from any startup pseudo NFL product. I think these ventures will be short lived, 'cause you know how we are 'bout those shiny objects. Once it becomes "Oh yeah" , time to clean out the lockers, fellas. 

6 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Where does this come from? How many times are we going to see Me Too Football rear its ugly head? 

If the NFL & NCAA are concerned about attendance declining, what would possess you to undertake a similar venture? Is there the belief that "well, you know, those previous machinations had it wrong. But me...I have the secret sauce. I'm gonna be different. I'm gonna be successful!"? What can a new product do? Tweak a few rules? I think when people say "there's no such thing as too much football", what they really mean is "there's no such thing as too much football  when it comes to [insert favorite teams here]".

I doubt there are sufficient addicts out there who go into withdrawal after the post season - be it college or pro - that are salivating at the opportunity for second an third tier faux football.  How-ev-ah....there are sufficient degenerate gamblers out there who would welcome yet another opportunity to continue gaming. That's the only benefit I see from any startup pseudo NFL product. I think these ventures will be short lived, 'cause you know how we are 'bout those shiny objects. Once it becomes "Oh yeah" , time to clean out the lockers, fellas. 

Personally after USF football and the super bowl I need a break. I am certainly not going to watch double A football. 

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The USL (where the Rowdies play now and headquartered here in Tampa) are working hard to elevate their  teams to Division I soccer - parallel to the MLS.  Like the ABA for the NBA.... That said, the owner will have no interest in moving from St Petersburg.

Not sure what the Rays would do for a possible USF football stadium... considering they are sucking up all the available money in Tampa.  We should hope their efforts fail and they move to Las Vegas.

I've predicted, after seeing the projected cost of the new stadium, that it never gets built here in Tampa.  Will give the owner a reason to move to another city.  The won't build another one in St. Pete.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I've predicted, after seeing the projected cost of the new stadium, that it never gets built here in Tampa.  Will give the owner a reason to move to another city.  The won't build another one in St. Pete.  

Will it be missed? I lived down there during the time “the White Sox are coming”. So a team finally arrived and now they will leave ( my guess would be Montreal)? Pretty sad.

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Will it be missed? I lived down there during the time “the White Sox are coming”. So a team finally arrived and now they will leave ( my guess would be Montreal)? Pretty sad.

Thought it was the SF Giants that were going to move here???  But I wouldn't miss it much.  Only go to 1 or 2 games a year now as it is nearly a 50 mile drive. With one is Tampa I'd go another couple of times but not much more than that.