• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Point Spread for Gasparilla Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think we burned a lot of people against the spread, I wouldn’t be putting my money on our crapshoot preformances that have mostly led to crapping out if you bet on us. Should we be able to beat Marshal? Absolutely. Should you bet your hard earned money on if we will live up to our potential or once again underperform? Absolutely not. 

I wouldn't bet either way on a USF game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I'm going to bet a few hundred on us, on the money line. Its a guaranteed Christmas bonus.

Kiss of death right there

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

The fact that we are a Dog at all to Marshal should be a HUGE flag for our Administration. If they can't see that as a problem then they are beyond help and we are spiraling down without a parachute.

On the bright side, the weather has been nice. :GoBulls:

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I'm going to bet a few hundred on us, on the money line. Its a guaranteed Christmas bonus.

44 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

Kiss of death right there

We could be in luck. Maybe he's going to bet on us to lose ...

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Azmodi said:

The fact that we are a Dog at all to Marshal should be a HUGE flag for our Administration. If they can't see that as a problem then they are beyond help and we are spiraling down without a parachute.

The vibe I am getting from Kelly and the administration with the “calm” PR campaign is we don’t have much money and we don’t have the facilities (in football) to compete with our peers in this conference much less a bigger conference.

So they are going to focus on fundraising and incremental change. When you listen to Kelly’s sit down interview on TDS back on 11/20, he said he needs the fans expectations to be tempered by financial realities. Basically it sounds like he is going to let this play out and get USF on a budget. I wouldn’t be surprised if CCS goes 4-8 next season, that he will stay. Feels like a Lovie Smith situation at Illinois.

Edited by usf97

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213
  • Days Won:  25

ESPN has us losing so we know what they think of us.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, usf97 said:

The vibe I am getting from Kelly and the administration with the “calm” PR campaign is we don’t have much money and we don’t have the facilities (in football) to compete with our peers in this conference much less a bigger conference.

So they are going to focus on fundraising and incremental change. When you listen to Kelly’s sit down interview on TDS back on 11/20, he said he needs the fans expectations to be tempered by financial realities. Basically it sounds like he is going to let this play out and get USF on a budget. I wouldn’t be surprised if CCS goes 4-8 next season, that he will stay. Feels like a Lovie Smith situation at Illinois.

How exactly is paying a coach 2.5 million a year to go 4-8 getting on a "budget"?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

How exactly is paying a coach 2.5 million a year to go 4-8 getting on a "budget"?

Not saying I am agreeing with that assessment by Kelly but I think that is what is happening. The problem is we don't actually know what CCS's buyout is. I suspect it is the actual $7.8 million left on his contract which would mean at the bare minimum he is here 2 more seasons regardless of his record. 

Based on what I have read and seen in these past few months, Kelly does not appear to be an innovator. I think he is a suit that knows how to do math. He is a PR guy. He figures lets just keep fundraising and everything will work itself out in a few seasons. If not, I am sure he could always go back to his old job. 

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

this is ******* sad with the athletic talent this team has. it just isn't being fully developed to compete, even at the G5 level.

if this were basketball I'd say the team calls a players only meeting to pull themselves together... but this isn't a 5-on-5, 12 man roster sport. football has too many moving parts & positional units not only need to work in unison but be on the same page with the other units. 

if Kelly is pulling back & putting the team on budget (other than CCS' multimillion dollar contract 🙄) it would be the most pathetic collapse of a program that just won its first two 10-win seasons back to back a year ago.