• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, Meeps said:

Try looking at Clemson's schedule. I know this is going to be difficult. But tell me how that schedule garners the #2 spot in the nation? Can't wait.

@Meeps that's not what I asked u. I specifically asked if FCU would go undefeated with Clemson or Notre Dame's schedules. u dodged the question & made a completely non-sequitur argument about Clemson's worthiness to be ranked #2. Clemson's ranking is irrelevant to whether or not FCU belongs in the playoffs with THEIR schedule. if u think Clemson's schedule makes them unworthy, how in TF can u even pretend to act like FCU's objectively weaker schedule comes anywhere close??

PLEASE stop embarrassing yourself with this "Clemson's schedule is as easy as UCF's schedule" or "UCF would run the table with Clemson's schedule" nonsense. You are OBJECTIVELY WRONG. By EVERY objective metric, Clemson played a tougher schedule against better competition. Period.

Rankings are from end of season poll. 
+ Represents bowl eligibility.
FCS opponents not included in opponent record/win%

CLEMSON SCHEDULE

FURMAN - (6-4 FCS)

@ #19 TAMU - 8-4, 5-3 (tied with LSU for 2nd in SEC West behind Bama) +

GA SOUTH - 9-3, 6-2 +

@ GTECH - 7-5, 5-3 (2nd in ACC Coastal) +
#20 CUSE - 9-3, 6-2 (2nd in ACC Atlantic) +
@ WAKE - 6-6, 3-5 +
NCSU - 9-3, 5-3 +
@ FSU - 5-7, 3-5
LVILLE - 2-10, 0-8
@ BC - 7-5, 4-4 +
DUKE - 7-5, 3-5 +
SC - 7-5, 4-4 +
PITT 7-6, 6-2 (1st ACC Coastal) + [42-10]

Combined opponent record: 83-62 (.576), 10 Bowl teams, 9 teams with winning records, 2 teams ranked at end of season, 2 teams ranked week of game.
7 home games, 5 road games, 1 neutral site game (.538 games played at home)

FLORIDA CENTRAL 

@ UCONN - 1-11, 0-8
SCSU - (5-6 FCS)
FAU - 5-7, 3-5
PITT - 7-6, 6-2 (1st ACC Coastal) + [45-14]
SMU - 5-7, 4-4
@ MEM - 8-5, 5-3 (tie-breaker w/ HOU & TUL for 1st AAC West) +
@ ECU - 3-9, 1-7
TEM - 8-4, 7-1 (2nd AAC East) +
NAVY - 3-9, 2-6
CIN - 10-2, 6-2 (3rd AAC East) +
@ USF - 7-5, 3-5 +
MEM - 8-5, 3-5 (1st AAC West)

Combined opponent record: 57- 65 (.467), 6 Bowl eligible opponents, 6 opponents with winning records, 0 teams ranked at end of season, 1 team ranked week of game.
8 home games, 4 road games (.667 games at home).

Clemson played teams with MORE combined wins, a better win percentage, more teams with winning records DOUBLE the bowl eligible opponents, DOUBLE the number of ranked opponents the week of the game & TWO teams that ended the season ranked while FCU played none. all this & FCU played 2/3 of their games at home.

just stop. look at the numbers. the joke isn't funny anymore. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

@Meeps that's not what I asked u. I specifically asked if FCU would go undefeated with Clemson or Notre Dame's schedules. u dodged the question & made a completely non-sequitur argument about Clemson's worthiness to be ranked #2. Clemson's ranking is irrelevant to whether or not FCU belongs in the playoffs with THEIR schedule. if u think Clemson's schedule makes them unworthy, how in TF can u even pretend to act like FCU's objectively weaker schedule comes anywhere close??

PLEASE stop embarrassing yourself with this "Clemson's schedule is as easy as UCF's schedule" or "UCF would run the table with Clemson's schedule" nonsense. You are OBJECTIVELY WRONG. By EVERY objective metric, Clemson played a tougher schedule against better competition. Period.

Rankings are from end of season poll. 
+ Represents bowl eligibility.
FCS opponents not included in opponent record/win%

CLEMSON SCHEDULE

FURMAN - (6-4 FCS)

@ #19 TAMU - 8-4, 5-3 (tied with LSU for 2nd in SEC West behind Bama) +

GA SOUTH - 9-3, 6-2 +

@ GTECH - 7-5, 5-3 (2nd in ACC Coastal) +
#20 CUSE - 9-3, 6-2 (2nd in ACC Atlantic) +
@ WAKE - 6-6, 3-5 +
NCSU - 9-3, 5-3 +
@ FSU - 5-7, 3-5
LVILLE - 2-10, 0-8
@ BC - 7-5, 4-4 +
DUKE - 7-5, 3-5 +
SC - 7-5, 4-4 +
PITT 7-6, 6-2 (1st ACC Coastal) + [42-10]

Combined opponent record: 83-62 (.576), 10 Bowl teams, 9 teams with winning records, 2 teams ranked at end of season, 2 teams ranked week of game.
7 home games, 5 road games, 1 neutral site game (.538 games played at home)

FLORIDA CENTRAL 

@ UCONN - 1-11, 0-8
SCSU - (5-6 FCS)
FAU - 5-7, 3-5
PITT - 7-6, 6-2 (1st ACC Coastal) + [45-14]
SMU - 5-7, 4-4
@ MEM - 8-5, 5-3 (tie-breaker w/ HOU & TUL for 1st AAC West) +
@ ECU - 3-9, 1-7
TEM - 8-4, 7-1 (2nd AAC East) +
NAVY - 3-9, 2-6
CIN - 10-2, 6-2 (3rd AAC East) +
@ USF - 7-5, 3-5 +
MEM - 8-5, 3-5 (1st AAC West)

Combined opponent record: 57- 65 (.467), 6 Bowl eligible opponents, 6 opponents with winning records, 0 teams ranked at end of season, 1 team ranked week of game.
8 home games, 4 road games (.667 games at home).

Clemson played teams with MORE combined wins, a better win percentage, more teams with winning records DOUBLE the bowl eligible opponents, DOUBLE the number of ranked opponents the week of the game & TWO teams that ended the season ranked while FCU played none. all this & FCU played 2/3 of their games at home.

just stop. look at the numbers. the joke isn't funny anymore. 

I love when I argue with UCF fans and there really is nothing else they can say, but they keep typing for some odd reason...I just laugh and think to myself...if this was a court of law you would be destroyed...simply embarrassed 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

I love when I argue with UCF fans and there really is nothing else they can say, but they keep typing for some odd reason...I just laugh and think to myself...if this was a court of law you would be destroyed...simply embarrassed 

They need to just embrace the great streak, another NY6 bowl and just STFU about playoffs ....

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

We are kind of like Pinto and Flounder at the Omega House. 

8F37854C-8D8E-4E50-9A08-E070CE4F6B47.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, South Tampa said:

On what grounds can a USF fan argue with a UCF fan?  There is not one USF fan on this board that wouldn’t trade football programs with UCF.

I'd consider trading football programs, but not brains. 

UCFHijabStatement.JPG

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, South Tampa said:

On what grounds can a USF fan argue with a UCF fan?  There is not one USF fan on this board that wouldn’t trade football programs with 

It depends what insanely crazy statement you're  fanbase is making...either you're not that intelligent, crazy, or both...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

On 12/2/2018 at 1:44 PM, Meeps said:

So your opinion is because they lost -- they weren't motivated and essentially every team that loses during the NY6 bowl season is not motivated. Please tell me you think that.

The NCAA took another swat at the AAC by pitting UCF and LSU in AZ.  They wanted no part of UCF smashing UF just 300 Miles from Gainesville.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/2/2018 at 8:10 AM, Bull94 said:

you're right unless we have a great OOC

ucf hasn't even beaten a current top 25 team

I have no idea how Cincinnati isn't considered a top 25 at 10-2 with their only losses coming in overtime, and to 2 straight years undefeated UCF. They have been putting teams out pretty consistently as well

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/2/2018 at 8:44 AM, Bull94 said:

and guess what? ucf will be going to the bowl that they are tied to which is the NY6 bowl. they shouldn't be ********. they are not one of the "best" 4 teams in college football with or without Milton.

who should they replace? undefeated alabama? undefeated clemson? undefeated ND? 1 loss OU? 1 loss OSU? hell even 2 loss georgia deserves it more.

It's completely your opinion that UCF is not as good, because it hasn't been proven on the field in 2 years so....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

On 12/2/2018 at 8:44 AM, Bull94 said:

and guess what? ucf will be going to the bowl that they are tied to which is the NY6 bowl. they shouldn't be ********. they are not one of the "best" 4 teams in college football with or without Milton.

who should they replace? undefeated alabama? undefeated clemson? undefeated ND? 1 loss OU? 1 loss OSU? hell even 2 loss georgia deserves it more.

9 minutes ago, HornHead said:

It's completely your opinion that UCF is not as good, because it hasn't been proven on the field in 2 years so....

It's is ALL just opinion ..... I'll repeat his question, in YOUR opinion, who should they replace in the playoff and why? That's the crux of the conversation here.

• Upvote 1