• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't think, for one second, that my scenario would ever come to fruition.  I just think it would be fun to see.  I think Georgia, Ohio State, and Washington would all have their hands full in my playoff.

Maybe but the world will never know. The move to 8 with one G5 qualifier makes sense because the P5 gives up one spot to  gain three spots. The move from 8 to 12 with conference champions has them netting less spots than at eight while giving up five spots (that’s a small fortune of money that no one is giving up without a tremendous fight).

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The P5 didn’t put all of that effort into separating themselves and creating their own playoff system just to let every conference into the playoffs and give themselves just 40% better chance of gettting in over the WAC champions. If this expansion ever took place and went the way it’s being prescribed most teams would be better off having been in a crappier conference than they are currently in, no one is going to buy into that.

Then separate into 2 divisions.  They do it in every other **** sport.  If it such a money driven decision, then break off from the NCAA completely and become a minor league professional system for the NFL and pay the players accordingly.   Essentially football is playing exhibition games all season long since there is nothing to shoot for at the end.  At least the other sports have a shot at a title each season on paper.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe but the world will never know. The move to 8 with one G5 qualifier makes sense because the P5 gives up one spot to  gain three spots. The move from 8 to 12 with conference champions has them netting less spots than at eight while giving up five spots (that’s a small fortune of money that no one is giving up without a tremendous fight).

They're not going to 12.  8 is realistic and should be done if we are staying with the current D-1 breakdown

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

Has anyone asked our own Shaun King about his National Championship at Tulane? He went undefeated, he gets a National Championship too, right?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Has anyone asked our own Shaun King about his National Championship at Tulane? He went undefeated, he gets a National Championship too, right?

Oh that is a thing. 

Image result for tulane 1998 national championship shirt

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

When USF was in the party no one was crying for equality. Everyone ******** about it now is a hypocrite.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

23 hours ago, Brad said:

No, they play in the tournament for their division.  

The G5 can start their own tournament in they want one.

My son plays 5A, they don't whine and complain about 6A.  Or worse, declare themselves champions of 6A although they don't play in 6A.

That, my friend, would be ridiculous.

The issue with that is that teams can make moves between 5A and 6A relatively easily. We've already seen how hard it is for a G5 team to move to a P5 conference. The only ones to do it in the past ten years would be TCU and Utah if I'm not mistaken. We won't count the BE since it was a power conference. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

The issue with that is that teams can make moves between 5A and 6A relatively easily. We've already seen how hard it is for a G5 team to move to a P5 conference. The only ones to do it in the past ten years would be TCU and Utah if I'm not mistaken. We won't count the BE since it was a power conference. 

This is the biggest problem.  In all other, "divisions" in college football, there is a pathway to move up, except for the P5.  That's why if they were to break away, without some metrics to join them other than by invitation, I would suspect an anti-trust lawsuit would be in the works.

17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

This is the biggest problem.  In all other, "divisions" in college football, there is a pathway to move up, except for the P5.  That's why if they were to break away, without some metrics to join them other than by invitation, I would suspect an anti-trust lawsuit would be in the works.

Which of course the current system allows this fictional pathway to the CFP

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Which of course the current system allows this fictional pathway to the CFP

We are kind of like Pinto and Flounder at the Omega House.