• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

if Memphis shizzes the bed AGAIN they should be shipped back to CUSA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

replace them with Appalachian State. hell, I like UAB.

At least they get to the bed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Ok, cool.  That explains how we beat you!

But how did Tulane?

Lol.  I'm not going to say that the overall success of a season is because of refs, but you have to acknowledge last night was *incredibly* lucky for UCF when it came to penalties.  3 flags got picked up?  Memphis rightfully should feel like they had to beat the refs too.  By the same token though, their coach was dumb for not recognizing and adjusting for the 'ref variable' in the second half.  (Ie instead of settling for 3 pts from the 2 yd line, go for the TD in case the refs bailed UCF out later)

This isn't me trying to take away from the fact UCF players had to overcome a lot and they had to make the plays in those situations when provided with either 'luck or friendly refs'.  

But I'd be willing to bet that those calls did make the difference last night.  And there was one other close game (hell maybe it was the previous one against Memphis) where I remember just on a single drive UCF got 2 critical calls that even the announcers went back and showed were both badly missed.  The one I specifically remember was a great long pass to the sideline, but the receiver was definitely out of bounds; one ref ruled it out but the other came to say inbounds.  Can't remember the other play on that drive that had the favorable call, but the drive only had like 4 total plays and ended with a touchdown.

Blah blah blah, I'm just saying a lot of stuff has to go right to win 25 in a row, and the refs (when they have occasionally made their presence felt in the handful of games that weren't decided by a huge margin) have "not hurt"- to put it mildly. 

(For the record I personally I think last night was too egregious to be luck but what do I know)

Edited by Ghostbuster