• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Interviews For Head Coach Opening

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you punched me in the mouth but feel you observe a black eye I would say it’s definitely a construct of your imagination but high pressure situations tend to have the most varied realities so I would expect that.

I edited it to say punch you in the eye but you know I mean. Truth is absolute no matter what you feel or believe 

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

46 minutes ago, puc86 said:

“Truth” and “reality” are most certainly constructs and that’s not a millennial belief. There is no omniscient arbitrator directing us as to who or what is right in every subject so we take our best guesses. Things like is there a God? People have their own realities on the subject and I wouldn’t be as bold as to present that I know the definitive truth on the subject. Your reality is created solely by you based on the stimuli that surrounds you, your physical composition and your previous experiences and it most certainly can be changed by changing one of those factors. Let’s say you way 600lbs the reality is it’s impossible to run a mile now let’s say you lose 400 lbs now reality is different to you. Let’s say you lived 200 years ago the reality is getting to Europe from the US in one day is impossible but today that is certainly within reality. So in conclusion reality as you see it may in fact exist but it’s ever changing and we are too biased and lacking in knowledge to ever be able to objectively capture it.  

very Foucaultian post-modernism here.

u know I'm just grabbing your goat, Puc. lol.

there is objective reality, then there is perception.

& that's all I have to say about that, Jenney. 

/philosophy

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I edited it to say punch you in the eye but you know I mean. Truth is absolute no matter what you feel or believe 

Maybe in a Newtonian, pre-Einsteinian framework.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I’ll skip the softball look at objectivity although there will be more disagreement there than you may expect and move to some harder questions. Is there a God? If so what religion is it? Is abortion all good or all bad? Is freedom of speech a good in itself? Should there be a public safety net? If yes what should it be? Should there be free public healthcare? Is CJL a great coach? Did CJL deserve to be fired? Is CWT mediocre?    

Maybe objective truth and reality can exist but as I stated we aren’t omniscient and we are too biased to find it. We have our constructed reality which we foolishly grasp to as if it’s objective reality because it makes us feel better about the fact that all alone is all we are.

9 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

very Foucaultian post-modernism here.

u know I'm just grabbing your goat, Puc. lol.

there is objective reality, then there is perception.

& that's all I have to say about that, Jenney. 

/philosophy

It doesn’t bother me because I know that this conversation only exists because I created you and it in my mind 🤣

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ll skip the softball look at objectivity although there will be more disagreement there than you may expect and move to some harder questions. Is there a God? If so what religion is it? Is abortion all good or all bad? Is freedom of speech a good in itself? Should there be a public safety net? If yes what should it be? Should there be free public healthcare? Is CJL a great coach? Did CJL deserve to be fired? Is CWT mediocre?    

Maybe objective truth and reality can exist but as I stated we aren’t omniscient and we are too biased to find it. We have our constructed reality which we foolishly grasp to as if it’s objective reality because it makes us feel better about the fact that all alone is all we are.

This why I respect Atheists atleast they are empiricists. You relativists are just lost in your own mental hell. Circular logic is foolishness. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  96,970
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

This is my personal opinion, but anyone whose donations/ticket buys are contingent on certain people being fired/hired are in it for the wrong reason. Sadly, we need their money too, but I hope for a day when some jackass can say, "I'm not buying seats, unless Coach Johnny is fired." And we can respond, "we are going to miss you, luckily, we have someone li

I continued to donate after Leavitt was fired.  Although I’ll say it felt horrible.  It was not because Leavitt was fired, not a connection to him, but a feeling my institution acted improperly, used an alleged incident to their advantage and wrongfully terminated and carelessly harmed someone they felt they could sacrifice.   They also distributed some lies and inaccurate information.  Unfortunately, while I still donate, buy tickets, giveaway tickets and support the program, I’ll be happier when I no longer feel the shame of what my school did in its early days - seemingly drunk on the success Leavitt, their target, created. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

This why I respect Atheists atleast they are empiricists. You relativists are just lost in your own mental hell. Circular logic is foolishness. 

Mental Hell is relative, one person’s mental hell is another person’s mental playground.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

This has the feel of a Monty Python skit ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’ll be happier when I no longer feel the shame of what my school did in its early days

Will that day ever come? It's been 9 years ...