• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Interviews For Head Coach Opening

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

I like this guy. his reasoning is incredibly sound.

A before B, B before C... amazing how this simple concept gets lost in the fairytale land of hypotheticals & "personal truths." now where's my poop emoji... oh there it is 💩

Nothing like getting a poop emoji in the morning. That reminds I have to go take a Gilbert now....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Iron Bulls are spread out in various sections these days.

Understand that. But the original point is that there aren't a lot of 20 somethings in our section.  $400 donation plus $400+ for tickets and you're looking at $1,700 for 2.  I know my daughter and son-in-law wouldn't be sitting in that section if I wasn't making the donation part of it.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

"Speak your own truth!" - Potato millennial proverb.

i may be (an older) millennial, but I still believe in objective reality.

everything else isn't reality, it's hallucination or delusion.

“Truth” and “reality” are most certainly constructs and that’s not a millennial belief. There is no omniscient arbitrator directing us as to who or what is right in every subject so we take our best guesses. Things like is there a God? People have their own realities on the subject and I wouldn’t be as bold as to present that I know the definitive truth on the subject. Your reality is created solely by you based on the stimuli that surrounds you, your physical composition and your previous experiences and it most certainly can be changed by changing one of those factors. Let’s say you way 600lbs the reality is it’s impossible to run a mile now let’s say you lose 400 lbs now reality is different to you. Let’s say you lived 200 years ago the reality is getting to Europe from the US in one day is impossible but today that is certainly within reality. So in conclusion reality as you see it may in fact exist but it’s ever changing and we are too biased and lacking in knowledge to ever be able to objectively capture it.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,882
  • Days Won:  33

15 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Understand that. But the original point is that there aren't a lot of 20 somethings in our section.  $400 donation plus $400+ for tickets and you're looking at $1,700 for 2.  I know my daughter and son-in-law wouldn't be sitting in that section if I wasn't making the donation part of it.

There should be more "20 something's" there now with the new pricing model.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

“Truth” and “reality” are most certainly constructs and that’s not a millennial belief. There is no omniscient arbitrator directing us as to who or what is right in every subject so we take our best guesses. Things like is there a God? People have their own realities on the subject and I wouldn’t be as bold as to present that I know the definitive truth on the subject. Your reality is created solely by you based on the stimuli that surrounds you, your physical composition and your previous experiences and it most certainly can be changed by changing one of those factors. Let’s say you way 600lbs the reality is it’s impossible to run a mile now let’s say you lose 400 lbs now reality is different to you. Let’s say you lived 200 years ago the reality is getting to Europe from the US in one day is impossible but today that is certainly within reality. So in conclusion reality as you see it may in fact exist but it’s ever changing and we are too biased and lacking in knowledge to ever be able to objectively capture it.  

Heh, there is a distinction between vision and delusion. 

Every person has their own map of reality they carry with them. If your map isn't an accurate representation of your external environment you have the wrong map, and you will fail at life. 

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

Heh, there is a distinction between vision and delusion. 

Every person has their own map of reality they carry with them. If your map isn't an accurate representation of your external environment you have the wrong map, and you will fail at life. 

Sometimes but other times people have seen things not as they are by anyone else’s standards and would have been “objectively” carying a wrong map by anyone else’s standards yet they proved right and they won big and everyone else got new maps because of them. Most of the wrong mapped people will probably be crazy utter failures but if they succeed it will be on a great scale and when you are successful you are no longer crazy.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well say I punched you in the eye. Did that really happen or is the black eye the construct of your imagination?

Edited by Bullrush33

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

Well say I punched you in the mouth. Did that really happen or is the black eye the construct of your imagination?

If you punched me in the mouth but feel you observe a black eye I would say it’s definitely a construct of your imagination but high pressure situations tend to have the most varied realities so I would expect that.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

53 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Also, and I am not going looking for this, hasn't it been determined that younger people aren't into going to live sporting events as much as the past?

That part is true. It's a demographic tsunami that the professional leagues have not yet solved.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Actually when I look around Ray Jay outside of the student section I notice a lot of middle agers.  But maybe that is because I'm sitting in a section that requires relatively large donation amounts.  And look through the list of Iron Bull donors and pick out the young ones. And by young I mean under 40.  We have finally gotten over 100 Iron Bulls.  Pretty pathetic when you look at the number of alums in the area.

Also, and I am not going looking for this, hasn't it been determined that younger people aren't into going to live sporting events as much as the past?

I know one donor that quit when CJL got fired. Have tried to talk him into getting back into it. 

I'm not knocking middle-agers per se, they have money to spend, but we're talking about ~25,000 fans on average in a stadium that fits 65k.

im not saying the target demographic should be early-to-mid-20s either cuz (trigger warning) most of them are broke lol. 

the university should be targeting EVERYBODY, but imo the prime demographic is late-20s to late-30s: fans that have disposable income to get into games & buy merch, who will grow into successful middle-agers & hopefully become donors as the success of the program grows.

if we're starting with 45-55 year olds in a rebuilding era, the pickings are slim & those fans will be reaching senior status & "not really up for a noon game in the sun" types when the program gets rolling again.

cheers! & thank u for supporting the program with your high level seats. USF definitely can't take u for granted. I'm just thinking future here.