• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's Just Take a Breath

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Go to any other Division 1 message board after their team has just wrapped up a 5 game death spiral to end the season with the last one being an embarassing disinterested effort at home against your number one rival and see what’s being posted.

I agree with that .... but what separates a portion of our fan base from most other fan based is that you'd be hard pressed to go to any other college football message board of a team that was 7-0, 17-2 under a new coach, and see some of the nonsensical ******** that was being thrown around in here ..... and I'm not talking about the ones just with serious concerns but some of the bat **** crazy reactions going on.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

I remember the year we beat Navy, we were upset at our team and predicting Navy would spank us. I went to the Navy board and they had a field day with how negative we were. They kept saying, "why are USF fans so worried when their team is averaging over 30pts per game?" They board was full of jokes and it was a very chill board. Barely a any type of trash talking. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I agree with that .... but what separates a portion of our fan base from most other fan based is that you'd be hard pressed to go to any other college football message board of a team that was 7-0, 17-2 under a new coach, and see some of the nonsensical ******** that was being thrown around in here ..... and I'm not talking about the ones just with serious concerns but some of the bat **** crazy reactions going on.

I hear what you’re saying but part of the reason for the bat **** crazy reactions is how we got to 17-7.  On face value it looks fine with things moving in the right direction, however, the last 5 games were atrocious.  Not gonna beat the play calling or conservative coaching dead horse anymore.  For me, what did it was his press conferences especially after the UCF game and coming out after the Tulane game and saying he knew that week they weren’t ready to play and he did or said NOTHING.  Players looked like they checked out under his watch and that’s on him.  Looks like he’s not going anywhere so we’ll. Have to hope that he nd Kelly can figure this out.

Go Bulls!

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I hear what you’re saying but part of the reason for the bat **** crazy reactions is how we got to 17-7.  On face value it looks fine with things moving in the right direction, however, the last 5 games were atrocious.

I think you misread what I wrote. I was strictly talking about the reactions at 7-0 .... I can see 5 game losing streaks eliciting bat **** crazy from most fan bases.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

30 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I remember the year we beat Navy, we were upset at our team and predicting Navy would spank us. I went to the Navy board and they had a field day with how negative we were. They kept saying, "why are USF fans so worried when their team is averaging over 30pts per game?" They board was full of jokes and it was a very chill board. Barely a any type of trash talking. 

So comparing a CFB fan base in the NE to a fan base in the south, FL, or TX?  That makes sense to me why they would be confused.

I guess a Navy fan could be anyone who has ever been in the Navy, therefore from anywhere.  But not necessarily a southern CFB fan base.

Edited by Rocky Style

The Bulls lost 16 starters, 6 stars and 2 superstars from last year. I myself overestimated the team, but feel we should be much better next year. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

So you're trying to convince me that people are wrong for complaining about coaches ("quit yer bitchin"), and to support that idea you reference fans' reactions to George O Learys second winless season at UCF?

You know they were right in that instance.  He sucked.  It is possible that we have a sucky cooaching staff now too.

This reminds me of the Ron Zook example some Gator fan brought up on here, but then the Gators went on to win a National Championship after that.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think you misread what I wrote. I was strictly talking about the reactions at 7-0 .... I can see 5 game losing streaks eliciting bat **** crazy from most fan bases.

Why let facts get in the way of a good argument  😀

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:
20 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The Bulls lost 16 starters, 6 stars and 2 superstars from last year. I myself overestimated the team, but feel we should be much better next year. 

And saw zero improvement from game 1 to game 12 THIS year. That's the problem.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This reminds me of the Ron Zook example some Gator fan brought up on here, but then the Gators went on to win a National Championship after that.

Yea, won 2 titles with Zook's players and then urban Meyer left us for "medical reasons" after and we have sucked ever since. 

15 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And saw zero improvement from game 1 to game 12 THIS year. That's the problem.

We had plenty of injuries as well. Lost our QB for what 2 games and our starting linebacker, our fastest player went down for the year.