• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF getting 'close' to CFP is good for AAC and USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, JimUSFSig said:

The comparative ratings of the universities simply do not matter.  The difference in market size is minimal (13 vs 19).  We draw bigger crowds because we play in an NFL stadium -- something so many people here feel needs to change ASAP.

You said it yourself earlier... success on the field is not the sole determining factor.  Boise was passed by because they are in Boise -- (they aren't even a top 100 TV market) - and because the Mountain West doesn't really have the overall quality for the image of Boise to be better than it is.

Even if USF and UCF are not a package deal... we still need the AAC to have 2 or 3 other programs who are 10 win programs year after year.  We need the overall image of the AAC to improve ... because then more USF fans will buy season tickets and attend games ('quality of opponent' is clearly an issue based on who shows up)... more USF fans will watch AAC games... more people will donate to USF athletics. 

Let me clarify one thing in your post ... I did not hear "a person on ESPN" ... there were DOZENS OF MEDIA MEMBERS who said the Big 12 should add both USF and UCF when the conference was doing it's dog and pony show interviewing interested schools.  People who, unlike you and I, are paid to analyze and report on this kind of thing.

Finally, I will say this... it would "be best for USF" if USF schedules four p5 teams out of conference and doesn't lose another game ever ... and that UCF only loses to USF -- year in and year out... the Alabama-LSU or Michigan-Ohio State type battles.  As I said above, if USF goes undefeated every year, but all other AAC teams change who gets 8 or 9 wins, that would be bad. USF would be another Boise State.

Why is UCF>any else for USF? Is it not possible that if your idea that we need a constant adversary is correct (it’s not) that we would not be better off having that adversary be anyone else that we are not so painfully obviously competing directly with for every limited resource?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

Until there is some quantitative evidence from any conference that we are definitively tied together for the next round of expansion, if there is a next round, **** em ....

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Until there is some quantitative evidence from any conference that we are definitively tied together for the next round of expansion, if there is one, **** em ....

Cheering for them is not part of a USF first agenda, no one likes college football globalists.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

40 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Cheering for them is not part of a USF first agenda

It is bat **** crazy ....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It is bat **** crazy ....

Facts !!!

With the Oklahoma victory this thread has been rendered moot.  Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and either OU or Gerogia will be there.

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Cheering for them is not part of a USF first agenda, no one likes college football globalists.

I never once said we should CHEER for them. I was saying there are a number of positive aspects to their success.

30 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

With the Oklahoma victory this thread has been rendered moot.  Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and either OU or Gerogia will be there.

I never once said we should CHEER for them. I was saying there are a number of positive aspects to their success.

None of which grounded in reality. Most people tend to cheer for what they see as positives in their life, that you see no reason to cheer is because it’s not good for us.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

So are you saying I should take back my newly purchased Central State gear ....

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The only way a C win today helps USF/the AAC is by keeping the NY6 bid with the conference. And the reason that helps is because of the conference's tv contract negotiations. Taking the last two NY6 bids and three out of four is a nice bargaining chip to bring to the table. Obviously the more money the AAC brings in the more that trickles down to us. 

Of course this all seems moot at this point because Memphis is steamrolling the Gnats right now.