• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF getting 'close' to CFP is good for AAC and USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

but UCF will beat Memphis by double digits... and I think it's likely Northwestern will with the Big Ten and Texas will win the Big 12

that's a lot that has to happen. I like Oklahoma to rebound. The 45 they scored that day is the lowest since and the 48 Texas scored was the highest since.  I Think that if the Ohio State team that played last week comes out again, Northwestern will in for a long day. Haskins is gonna be the best QB they will have seen all season. 

In terms of percentages UCF getting that up there is statistically possible. I just don't see it. I also would be surprised to see a three loss Big 12 champion with two wins over a top five team and three ranked wins overall jumping them. 

I also am giving Memphis a better chance. that offense just isn't as good with UCF's back up. Especially when you prepare all week knowing there will be no Milton. Memphis isn't ECU. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Well, you have to give a crap about the AAC. Every USF fan has to give a crap. Maybe 2. - Nope, not 1.

The better our perception... the closer we get to the "Power 6" hype... the better the next TV contract will be (and more $$ for USF). - The term "P6 "is about as useless as "National Champion." 

Plus, no matter how much we hate them... the nation views USF/UCF as a pair now for the inevitable expansion that will be coming in a handful of years. - The more they win the less the national perception is on both.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

29 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Puc gunna be sooooooooo mad 

I’m trying to find my center and be less angry. If anything it make me sad how far we have apparently fallen that we are hoping to grasp onto things we see as bigger than ourselves to be our salvation (that people now see that thing as UCF makes me physically ill). The AAC P6 fantasy is the biggest pipe dream and there is no making the AAC stronger because it’s not a meritocracy and it’s not in the best interest of those with any of the power or money to grow the power beyond the P5 they have annointed, it’s not happening ever at any time under any circumstances. The AAC’s power and money is perfectly aligned with all the other G5 also rans and some 10x removed from the least of the P5 no one game or group of games will ever close that gap. Every single AAC team recognizes this which is why every single team has one foot out the door at all times. Which brings us to our next point. We need market differentiation to make us be one of the ones selected on the last boat off of this Titanic and while markets, standing, prestige and size seems to have had more to do with expansion than on field success we certainly don’t want any factors going against us when we are likely situated against a team. To date there has not been any teams brought to expansion as a package, I don’t think any were even from the same state, and not one decision maker has expressed any interest in a package deal. UCF and us are not team, we are adversaries fighting over the exact same limited resources. There is no stronger together this is a zero sum game and we need to be better than everyone both by our own success and by their failure. The best thing for USF is for UCF to lose every game from now until eternity as we get out of the AAC and they get left behind again never to be heard from again. USF stands alone, we need to succeed on our own accord and our fans need to stop embarrassing themselves by perpetuating sad fairytales about other people’s successes actually being good for us when any and all evidence points to the fact that it’s destroying our program.

Edited by puc86

22 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Well, you have to give a crap about the AAC. Every USF fan has to give a crap. Maybe 2. Zero

The better our perception... the closer we get to the "Power 6" hype... the better the next TV contract will be (and more $$ for USF). Care to bet on this?

Plus, no matter how much we hate them... the nation views USF/UCF as a pair now for the inevitable expansion that will be coming in a handful of years. Show me one time this has ever happened or one example of anyone with any power expressing any interest in this notion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

32 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

the nation views USF/UCF as a pair now for the inevitable expansion that will be coming in a handful of years. 

BDYZR nailed this one ...

17 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

The more they win the less the national perception is on both.

/thread

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

USF UCF is a zero sum game.  Good things that happen to UCF is ultimately detrimental to USF and vice versus.  Of course we haven’t lived the vice versus recently.  There is no guarantee that we are a package deal if and when expansion happens so I hope they lose every game they play in every sport.  It’s every man’s for himself when expansion happens and if it were tomorrow we’d be toast.  I just don’t understand the logic of rooting for UCF because it’s good for the P6 narrative or perception for both schools when expansion happens.  The only benefactor of UCF’s success is UCF, not USF, not the AAC, not the silly P6 narrative or USF.

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

USF UCF is a zero sum game.  Good things that happen to UCF is ultimately detrimental to USF and vice versus.  Of course we haven’t lived the vice versus recently.  There is no guarantee that we are a package deal if and when expansion happens so I hope they lose every game they play in every sport.  It’s every man’s for himself when expansion happens and if it were tomorrow we’d be toast.  I just don’t understand the logic of rooting for UCF because it’s good for the P6 narrative or perception for both schools when expansion happens.  The only benefactor of UCF’s success is UCF, not USF, not the AAC, not the silly P6 narrative or USF.

Exactly. It’s painfully obvious but I guess people want to grasp onto what they see as their success and somehow translate it to our success. Nothing could be further from the truth; we are inverse’s and their success is ultimately our failure. I wish them nothing but the worst and hope they lose every game or are ultimately given the death penalty. Not one time have they ever brought anything good to our lives and we were better off when we decided to be done with them at 0-4.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I really can't believe this is still being discussed.   The only way any of this "helps" us is if it leads to playoff expansion so if we ever do run the table and win our conference we have a shot at the CFP.... 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

I hope UCF beats Memphis so we can go to the Gasparilla bowl and hopefully play Miami. If UCF loses we are going to get the worse of the worse AAC bowl game.