• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strength and Conditioning....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

S&C may have been the biggest problem this year. However, Moorer and Strong have a long history together. He's not likely to be fired imo.

"In his 27th year in collegiate coaching in 2018, Moorer spent the previous seven seasons before coming to USF as head strength and conditioning coach on head coach Charlie Strong's staffs at Texas (2014-16) and Louisville (2010-13). Moorer and Strong were first part of the same program in 1988, when Moorer played linebacker and Strong served as outside linebackers coach at the University of Florida."

https://gousfbulls.com/staff.aspx?staff=274

Seems qualified to me

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

S&C may have been the biggest problem this year. However, Moorer and Strong have a long history together. He's not likely to be fired imo.

"In his 27th year in collegiate coaching in 2018, Moorer spent the previous seven seasons before coming to USF as head strength and conditioning coach on head coach Charlie Strong's staffs at Texas (2014-16) and Louisville (2010-13). Moorer and Strong were first part of the same program in 1988, when Moorer played linebacker and Strong served as outside linebackers coach at the University of Florida."

https://gousfbulls.com/staff.aspx?staff=274

That's great an all but the results aren't there.  I trust that Kelly will make good on his promise to look at every aspect of the program and that one should be under a microscope for obvious reasons...   If CCS values loyalty over results he won't be here for much more than next season.  The proof is in the pudding in this one, especially because we had a good S&C program before so the changes are quite a bit more noticeable.... 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

19 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Love him or hate him CWT made sure we had that part of the house in order.  I mean heck look what happened when he got to Oregon and how our players reacted.   We had an intense and effective system before Moorer got here.   Same thing happened under Skip which is why when CWT showed up he was benching more than some of our OL.....   S&C is often the forgotten cog in the machine of great programs...  

I also remember CWT looking at Marcus Shaw and commenting that he looked the same size as he did in high school when Taggart was recruiting him to WKU.

S&C coach is one of those under the radar coaches that can make or break a program.

I hope coach Moorer is on the same train out of town as Gilbert.

• Like 1

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

Seems qualified to me

Sometimes people are more qualified on paper than they are in practice.  Tom Herman mentioned something about the previous S&C program being lacking when he came into Texas.   S&C is not a static field either.  The way players are trained has changed a TON over the last decade or so with the proliferation of temp spread offenses.   Also S&C philosophy has evolved a ton on it's own in that same time period...  It's possible Moorer is an "old school guy" who the science has passed by..... 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Strength and conditioning? I am all for it...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

The guys at TDS were harping on the poor S&C back in the summer.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The guys at TDS were harping on the poor S&C back in the summer.  

I heard it too. Apparently, they were told not to be surprised if there were lots of injuries this year ...

3 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Bring back Hans Straub!!

He did a great job and wasn't afraid to call out Aaron Lynch!!!

All for it 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2