• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring everyone back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Unless Strong had a epiphany and realized the power run offense won't work here I'm not expecting any major changes even with a new OC as Strong will force the new OC to run the power run just because he doesn't want the offense to get to fast or his defense won't be able to get a breather. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Unpopular opinion...oh well....colin doesnt agree...oh well.....consistency is what this young group needs right now...Charlie is a good man and good recruiter...imagine the difference a Horne or Sawtelle wouldve had if we had them all year....we are young, we lack depth, we need a qb to step up, we need linebackers....we are not that far off, i know ive been as dissapointed as anyone and have waffled but **** i dont wanna start over again, one more year lets see what they can do

I like the positivity.  It sure beats complaining about stuff that is out of our hands.  I hope you are right.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

15 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Unless Strong had a epiphany and realized the power run offense won't work here I'm not expecting any major changes even with a new OC as Strong will force the new OC to run the power run just because he doesn't want the offense to get to fast or his defense won't be able to get a breather. 

His offenses have been the same through 3 different OCs.  No reason to expect major changes however, I am more than happy to be pleasantly surprised.   Our best bet is that Battle or McCloud emerge as the QB and become the next Bridgewater or Flowers

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

15 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

His offenses have been the same through 3 different OCs.  No reason to expect major changes however, I am more than happy to be pleasantly surprised.   Our best bet is that Battle or McCloud emerge as the QB and become the next Bridgewater or Flowers

Not under this current system

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146

I agree. Keep the whole staff!! Consistency and what not. lmao

Edited by Meeps

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, BullTime said:

he forced his system onto our players, and the rest is history...

The history of records on the offense side of ball ...... Gilbert bashing, of which I'm not disagreeing with, needs to focus on this year.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

In no way are we close. On defense if our guys were in place and just getting pushed back because they were young and small that’s one thing, but our guys were almost clueless at times. In the same ways over and over. That is on coaching. 

On offense, a guy like Horne doesn’t make a difference when its 3rd and 4 and we choose to run a 165 lb back between the tackles. 90% of our passes are to stationary receivers. We neutralize our team speed all by ourselves. 

All we need is an OC to understand how to utilize our athletes  we have them  

We are 'AAC close' it's a situation where even bad teams can claim to be perennially close due to the weak competition that doesn't expose poor coaching and some mediocre talent due to a handful of top talent being able to win just enough games to claim 'close'.

It's like being 'Tampa famous'.

15 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Unpopular opinion...oh well....colin doesnt agree...oh well.....consistency is what this young group needs right now...Charlie is a good man and good recruiter...imagine the difference a Horne or Sawtelle wouldve had if we had them all year....we are young, we lack depth, we need a qb to step up, we need linebackers....we are not that far off, i know ive been as dissapointed as anyone and have waffled but **** i dont wanna start over again, one more year lets see what they can do

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

He will not abandon the power run