• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

4th and short.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just because I see being brought up numerous times in various threads I have to pose the question. 

If on 4th and 1 from our own 43 yard line with just over 10 mins remaining in the game and down 24-10, would any one you have cut CCS slack for getting stuffed and giving them a short field and lay up opportunity to go up three scores that late in the game? 

I ask because we had already been completely stuffed twice on 4th and short so there is plenty of reason to assume that a third stuffing would have occured. 

So again would any of the CCs haters given him some love for being aggressive and confident in Gilbert's offense to get that yard? Knowing that not getting it (which all evidence up to that point says would have happened) virtually puts the game away at that moment? 

I'm leaning towards no, seems like a a rock and hard place for CCS to some on this board. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Just because I see being brought up numerous times in various threads I have to pose the question. 

If on 4th and 1 from our own 43 yard line with just over 10 mins remaining in the game and down 24-10, would any one you have cut CCS slack for getting stuffed and giving them a short field and lay up opportunity to go up three scores that late in the game? 

I ask because we had already been completely stuffed twice on 4th and short so there is plenty of reason to assume that a third stuffing would have occured. 

So again would any of the CCs haters given him some love for being aggressive and confident in Gilbert's offense to get that yard? Knowing that not getting it (which all evidence up to that point says would have happened) virtually puts the game away at that moment? 

I'm leaning towards no, seems like a a rock and hard place for CCS to some on this board. 

It’s not binary, he could in theory run another play but I’ve never actually seen it in practice.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s not binary, he could in theory run another play but I’ve never actually seen it in practice.

Yeah, we could call something besides the up the middle run with the 5'5" RB .....

and that is just one example of the ultraconservative, play not to lose philosophy

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,422
  • Days Won:  25

FOUL! :flagonthepost: :conduct:

You can't come back and add Gibert to the question. That's taking advantage of emotions. NOT FAIR!

• Haha 1

Charlie strong doesn't call plays, all defensive minded HC stay out of play calling. Even the great Nick Saban. You see him yell at OC's after the fact but never doesn't he come over the head set and say let's run this. They make clock management decisions based on what they have seen. So again, how much confidence did anyone have in our offense getting that yard based on what they had seen? You can't live in theory at thats moment. 

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

FOUL! :flagonthepost: :conduct:

You can't come back and add Gibert to the question. That's taking advantage of emotions. NOT FAIR!

So  we pretend it's someone else calling plays? 

• Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,422
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Charlie strong doesn't call plays, all defensive minded HC stay out of play calling. Even the great Nick Saban. You see him yell at OC's after the fact but never doesn't he come over the head set and say let's run this. They make clock management decisions based on what they have seen. So again, how much confidence did anyone have in our offense getting that yard based on what they had seen? You can't live in theory at thats moment. 

0

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

You can say we are going for it and feel free to call whatever play you would like but know that if you don’t get it by doing the same thing over and over again without success you can pack your **** and go.

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

0

Exactly, best option in that moment was to give your defense the best opportunity to keep the game in reach. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You can say we are going for it and feel free to call whatever play you would like but know that if you don’t get it by doing the same thing over and over again without success you can pack your **** and go.

So you would rather Charlie Strong, A career defensive coach call that play. You feel like that was the best option? 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Exactly, best option in that moment was to give your defense the best opportunity to keep the game in reach. 

So you would rather Charlie Strong, A career defensive coach call that play. You feel like that was the best option? 

That’s not what I said at all.