• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Why the AAC is a no-man's land conference... AAC Title Game won't even sell out. Pathetic showing by UCF fans.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

If my stadium was so poorly built that it shook all the time, I would definitely look out for random compliments too in order to convince myself the flaws don't really exist.  (It's called being insecure)

Spoiler alert though, those flaws do exist.  Calling it "The Bounce House" was a way to try and prevent people from making fun of it.  Now it can be called a *feature* because it's the nickname!  

UCF is like the 'ricer' kid in the neighborhood.  He buys the cheapest car he can afford and then tries to pimp it out with big exhausts, big racing tires and a god awful spoiler. 

Stop shooting your mouth off saying you have this awesome racing car, you don't.  You got a piece of crap. While it's definitely yours that you own, no one else would be caught dead driving it so stop thinking you're the envy of the neighborhood.

This is an interesting analogy.  USF must be the kid who bashes the Civics and talks about how amazing Ford GT500 or ZR1 vettes are, while not owning a car.

Edited by jj1987
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, jj1987 said:

This is an interesting analogy.  USF must be the kid who bashes the Civics and talks about how amazing Ford GT500 or ZR1 vettes are, while not owning a car.

That's basically it in a nutshell.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, jj1987 said:

I'm flattered you liked my analogy so much you tried to put your own spin on it. Trouble is that's not a good take. 

You can check our board and see plenty of USF fans who want their own stadium.  No one is deluding themselves thinking the game day atmosphere is *better* off campus.  Unlike UCF fans who delude themselves thinking a cheaply built, aluminum filled, unstable stadium makes USF fans jealous.

In general USF fans want a good gameday atmosphere on campus, just not in a stadium that we have to lie to ourselves about the quality of.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

Still pretty cool game day experience from tailgating, walking around campus, and sports - football, basketball, volleyball and soccer.l, alumni center 

When you go to campus it reconnects you to the school — not just football

Hey I 100% agree.  If you talk pre game atmosphere (before entering the stadium), UCF's is way better than walking around parking lots at Ray Jay.  You're not gonna find many ppl arguing that.

What I vehemently disagree with is anyone that says *that* particular stadium is the model to follow.  And I know that the ends (on campus game day) do not justify the means (cutting so many costs up front and relying on future money to go back and fix)

I'm sure UCF fans think I'm lying about how bad the stadium is but the picture I paint comes from an actual investigation of the stadium's "immediate life safety concerns” (their quote) from just over a year ago. Here are the highlights that match up with all the knocks I've leveled against it (don't worry I'll cite my source after these whoppers):

"The home of the UCF Knights football program has become so rusted that an overhaul could cost about a quarter of the stadium’s $54 million price tag".

"UCF had earlier estimated a football stadium would cost more than $100 million but came back with plans for one that was about half the cost"...

"was investing only enough to expect something along the lines of a high-school stadium"

"built the stadium during an 18-month period that was compressed to meet the fall 2007 season."

"launched an “emergency” rust remediation plan and the emergency was due to the deadline of football season instead of safety."

"Rather than tackling the fixes all at once, which would interrupt football practices and games" (the path UCF chose)"could take two to four years, depending on how much the school spends"

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-ucf-stadium-rust-20171010-story.html

So in summary-the school cut costs and corners and rushed construction to open it for 2007.  In addition to the easy to spot terribleness at first (no water fountains, no credit card readers for concessions, and a shakiness in the stands) there were hidden structural issues that were exposed in a shockingly short number of years for a new construction (the rust).  Instead of fixing all of the structural/rust problems, UCF did THE EXACT SAME THING that got them into the mess.  They again emphasized time (upcoming season) and money (cheap).  They only fixed the short term problems.  Long term solutions could take years.

But please, dismiss me and that article as chicken little.  Enjoy that POS stadium that UCF still has no interest in fixing the right way.  I'll never set foot it in again knowing their priorities are keeping it open instead of safe.  You'll probably get lucky and the thing won't collapse.  At least, that's the gamble UCF has been willing to make from the start; but it's not a gamble I want to take, especially when 44000 ppl are jumping up and down stressing the structure beyond what UCF paid their engineers to account for.

Q.E.D. 

The prosecution rests.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 12/4/2018 at 8:07 PM, John Tonison said:

Seriously.....Have never won a **** thing, don't have a stadium, lost your last 5 games, have never been to a NY6 bowl, haven't sniffed the top ten in a decade, and your coach is a horses ass.......hmmmmm

And you're still over here on our jock. 

On 12/3/2018 at 10:32 PM, Knight_Light said:

You know who would say the above? One who's school doesn't HAVE a stadium.

All I know is ABC and ESPN certainly "love" what UCF has built...and that means a bit more to us than something a fan could utter who's team has got ZILCH in regards to a stadium, heck, even after YEARS in a BCS Conf, they still don't even have an INDOOR Practice Facility (you remember, UCF was first in the state to build one of those...and that was without any BCS $$).

Another post where a UCF fan comes to a USF board just to tell us they don't care what we think... 

• 2 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, John Tonison said:

Nope just here to mock your ignorance and arrogance as it relates to how bad your program sucks......

We’re ignorant of our program sucking or arrogant about it sucking?