• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the AAC is a no-man's land conference... AAC Title Game won't even sell out. Pathetic showing by UCF fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Looked like a full house on TV

So you're watching the game on TV, rather than being there...and when the game ended, your first thought was to log into TBP? That's some sad ****.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Unlike many games, everyone hung around, even with a very rough first 1/2. Nice outcome, if not a surprise to many. 

Henderson took some very hard shots early in the second half. He ran for 200+ in the first 1/2, and for 3 in the second. Memphis rode that horse a little too long IMO.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Was really hoping the Sheriff would come revisit this, what a shame.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 12/1/2018 at 8:50 PM, Ghostbuster said:

Yeah there was no reply because this was a dumb thing to make a rallying cry around, and it turned out their stadium looked full.

For goodness sake these people paid out fake national championship bonuses but for you the *possibility* of them not selling their final 2500 tickets and being at (let's check the math...) only 94% fill capacity was what you wanted to make a "thing".

They're now one game from declaring another fake national championship, who cares about attendance?

And yes their side was also dumb for trying to troll us, prior to the Black Friday game, about the Dunkin Donuts promo USF had that give away tickets.  I'm just calling a spade a spade no matter what side says it.

Actually it was a calculated move on my part to help a fellow USF alum out. He went all in and purchased 595 tickets to the game figuring those tickets would move like other tickets this season that UCF fans paid a mint for. For once, he was wrong. He reached out to me on Thursday and like any good friend, I told him I would do my part to get the conversation going. I went through multiple social mediums to get the conversation started about the lack of a sellout (Twitter, The Bullspen, etc.). Did my good friend take a beating on the tickets? No doubt. However he mitigated some of the losses from his venture. People talk... and I have no doubt a few extra tickets sold because of this banter. 

On a different note, I was literally working on a reply Saturday afternoon just after 3 PM CST while sitting in Chick-fil-A with my two daughters. My newly turned four year old tackled a kid that looked all of two on the inside playground and I ended up putting my phone away so I could discipline her. Never got a chance to get back on the Bullspen until this morning (it's just before 3 AM CST when I started typing this - about to start my workday). 

13 hours ago, Meeps said:

Was really hoping the Sheriff would come revisit this, what a shame.

I just did... sorry about the late reply. Got sidetracked with my little girls on Saturday.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:22 PM, CostSegAdvisor said:

It was full....above capacity !

"It was full....above capacity !"

Fake news!

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

My ears are still ringing from ANOTHER crazed home crowd at our on-campus stadium!!!!

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1069230706801418241

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, South Tampa said:

USF fans need to accept reality about their program and fan base.  I have been to games at both UF and FSU back when neither stadiums had endzones and both were quite poor looking and that was when state funds could be used for sporting events.  

USF needs an on campus stadium, most agree with that.  What USF needs to build is the issue. USF isn’t building anything special unless they find $100 M donation.  It would cost nearly double what UCF spent to build today exactly what they build ten or so years ago, labor is much more expensive today.  Now add on that UCF has added multiple buildings around their stadium.

i watched on TV and can tell you that placed looked amazing.  That isn’t happening at Raymond James today, I don’t care what USF did in 2007 or whatever year it was.  

It would cost double what UCF spent because UCF gambled on being able to get away with the cheapest options, cutting the most corners, risking safety issues (like the very ones that came up https://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-ucf-stadium-rust-20171010-story.html ) and BY SHEER LUCK they got away without major incidents.

Now the money they got from having their own facility, money they gambled to get, is being used to patch the fundamental issues.

That's pretty much the worst model to follow.  I don't care how many gimmicks they add to that stadium (fake sand, endzone tents, future pools), it will always be a cheap bouncy piece of junk.

USF should absolutely do better.  

And btw I was in that stadium the night UCF lost their 12th in a row.  It wasn't filled because of the team's success (or lack thereof).  The counter is true for them now.  It's not because they have a stadium on campus that it's filled. 

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

10 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

That's pretty much the worst model to follow.  I don't care how many gimmicks they add to that stadium (fake sand, endzone tents, future pools), it will always be a cheap bouncy piece of junk.

USF should absolutely do better.  

You know who would say the above? One who's school doesn't HAVE a stadium.

All I know is ABC and ESPN certainly "love" what UCF has built...and that means a bit more to us than something a fan could utter who's team has got ZILCH in regards to a stadium, heck, even after YEARS in a BCS Conf, they still don't even have an INDOOR Practice Facility (you remember, UCF was first in the state to build one of those...and that was without any BCS $$).

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

You know who would say the above? One who's school doesn't HAVE a stadium.

All I know is ABC and ESPN certainly "love" what UCF has built...and that means a bit more to us than something a fan could utter who's team has got ZILCH in regards to a stadium, heck, even after YEARS in a BCS Conf, they still don't even have an INDOOR Practice Facility (you remember, UCF was first in the state to build one of those...and that was without any BCS $$).

If my stadium was so poorly built that it shook all the time, I would definitely look out for random compliments too in order to convince myself the flaws don't really exist.  (It's called being insecure)

Spoiler alert though, those flaws do exist.  Calling it "The Bounce House" was a way to try and prevent people from making fun of it.  Now it can be called a *feature* because it's the nickname!  

UCF is like the 'ricer' kid in the neighborhood.  He buys the cheapest car he can afford and then tries to pimp it out with big exhausts, big racing tires and a god awful spoiler. 

Stop shooting your mouth off saying you have this awesome racing car, you don't.  You got a piece of crap. While it's definitely yours that you own, no one else would be caught dead driving it so stop thinking you're the envy of the neighborhood.