• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the AAC is a no-man's land conference... AAC Title Game won't even sell out. Pathetic showing by UCF fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Was looking for tickets online for an event that I'm taking my daughter to as an early Christmas gift and a link to the UCF-Memphis game popped up on StubHub (gotta love how invasive the internet has become into our private lives). There were over 3,000 tickets still remaining for the game (on StubHub alone) and they're still selling well below face value from what you would get from UCF directly. It's not like they're attempting to pack Raymond James... we're talking about that little tin can stadium in Orlando that barely holds 40K. That should tell you something about their fan base as well as the appeal of the AAC. Their fans have given up on their season as well as their average Joe backup QB as they know Memphis is about to unleash a can at their erector set stadium. Imagine winning 24 straight games and not coming close to having any ticket demand for a conference championship game. That type of apathy is why coaches leave for P5 programs (see Scott Frost) and players would rather ride the bench at Alabama or Florida than play for UCF and potentially get more playing time. I can't believe our little sisters to the East can't move tickets to a conference championship game that they are hosting. Pathetic.    

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Was looking for tickets online for an event that I'm taking my daughter to as an early Christmas gift and a link to the UCF-Memphis game popped up on StubHub (gotta love how invasive the internet has become into our private lives). There were over 3,000 tickets still remaining for the game (on StubHub alone) and they're still selling well below face value from what you would get from UCF directly. It's not like they're attempting to pack Raymond James... we're talking about that little tin can stadium in Orlando that barely holds 40K. That should tell you something about their fan base as well as the appeal of the AAC. Their fans have given up on their season as well as their average Joe backup QB as they know Memphis is about to unleash a can at their erector set stadium. Imagine winning 24 straight games and not coming close to having any ticket demand for a conference championship game. That type of apathy is why coaches leave for P5 programs (see Scott Frost) and players would rather ride the bench at Alabama or Florida than play for UCF and potentially get more playing time. I can't believe our little sisters to the East can't move tickets to a conference championship game that they are hosting. Pathetic.    

But but it's an OCS.

With authentic on campus experience.

For an undefeated team over two years going for the 2nd conference championship.

There must be some mistake.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

It seems false to criticize UCF fan engagement after their fans embarrassed us in our own stadium.  I am pretty sure if we hosted this game it would be like a normal USF game plus some Memphis fans since the average Tampa bay fan doesn't care about AAC.  You are right that it is a no man's land.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It seems false to criticize UCF fan engagement after their fans embarrassed us in our own stadium.  I am pretty sure if we hosted this game it would be like a normal USF game plus some Memphis fans since the average Tampa bay fan doesn't care about AAC.  You are right that it is a no man's land.

I don't know if it's criticizing UCF or pointing out that they aren't the dedicated as some of them claim to be. They are as fair weather as anyone in the AAC. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I don't know if it's criticizing UCF or pointing out that they aren't the dedicated as some of them claim to be. They are as fair weather as anyone in the AAC. 

Fair enough!  I hope it's true and we get back to normal.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

This is how they roll...they will kick and scream by spinning a topic or flat out lie in hopes that pattern of behavior is accepted as a truth...i.e....USF has a small fan base compared to them...wrong...they sell out every game...just look at all the pictures online..wtf???

Edited by bullsonparade

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'm going to have fun with this one... might as well get it trending on Twitter. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I almost typed this word for word.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

No one cares about the AAC, no one. Every singe team is doing anything and everything to get out of it, we could have had a conference meeting in the lobby of the American Idol Big 12 addition. People can say all they want about P6 and liking the conference but deep down everyone knows the only way to win in the AAC is to get a ticket out of it. 

• Upvote 2