• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Alumni and Fan discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

If you want to get casual fans more involved they need to bring back the offense and play making abilities on offense and defense. Nothing gets a crowd more pumped up then a touchdown or  a big turnover!

You would think that this would work, but it will take more than just an exciting offense. Our attendance wasn't great in Taggart's last year here, and that was probably the best Offense we've had. Hopefully our new AD has some solutions.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I am reminded of the UConn game back in maybe 2013 or 2014.  One of the only wins we had for the season.   It was a complete deluge pouring rain.  Most people were in the club or under cover.  My buddy and I were basically alone in our section wearing panchos and loudly cheering and standing.  A TSA dude in a pancho ordered us to sit down. I said no cause we aren’t bothering anyone out here.  We’re cheering for the Bulls.  He motioned to the cop to come down and the cop said if we didn’t obey him we would be removed from the stadium.  True story.

Sounds like he needs to be removed for ruining the atmosphere. Motion the cop for him next time!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I tailgate and cheer my bulls on! If I stand, stand up, get loud, and join me. Unless you are handicap and can't!

Tailgating, cheering and standing are all awesome college traditions but we are being disingenuous if we want to pretend we haven’t ambitiously created a hostile environment to those things while a good portion of fans even on this board have championed it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

You would think that this would work, but it will take more than just an exciting offense. Our attendance wasn't great in Taggart's last year here, and that was probably the best Offense we've had. Hopefully our new AD has some solutions.

Winning, exciting offensive football, and getting more students involved goes a long way. The school also needs to offer more transportation to get the students to the game and fill up the lower bowl with more students. When I graduated in 08-09 season there was a larger student section then there is now. An OCS will go a long way, but the BULLS need to establish a winning culture and create some tradition. I hate UCF, but they do have some chants and gimmicks such as zombie nation and the cell phone lights to get their crowd involved. I know our stadium will look empty because it holds a lot more people, but we have to create a culture that gets our fans and area involved. The only solution I can think of is win and make USF football great(joking) again. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, May thy name be told, Where above thy gleeming splendor, Waves the green and gold. Thou our guide in quest for knowledge, Where we all are free, University of South Florida, Alma Mater hail to thee.

No Google search. Memorized by attending home basketball games as a student in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm sure I'm the exception, but it's an easy song to learn. Tradition is hard when it's still being built. Sports is where it starts in my opinion. We just haven't won enough for long enough for traditions to stick.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Tailgating, cheering and standing are all awesome college traditions but we are being disingenuous if we want to pretend we haven’t ambitiously created a hostile environment to those things while a good portion of fans even on this board have championed it.

I couldn't agree more with you puck. I had to shut down the tailgate early and try to talk my friends to come watch opening kickoff versus GT. 

19 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I couldn't agree more with you puck. I had to shut down the tailgate early and try to talk my friends to come watch opening kickoff versus GT. 

Make Ray Jay fun again!

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Make Ray Jay fun again!

Unfortunately we like to slow the clock down, run half-back dives all games, and kneel against our rivals! That is the fun we are talking about right there!

8 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Unfortunately we like to slow the clock down, run half-back dives all games, and kneel against our rivals! That is the fun we are talking about right there!

There is fun to be had at any college football game, regardless of the tempo or system being employed on the field. The trick is to be a fun person set out to have a fun filled day with thousands of strangers but we set out to be miserable fuddy duddies hell bent and determined to suck any fun, entertainment or environment creating energy out of the stadium, collectively we are Eeyore with a giant cloud ominously hovering over Ray Jay at all times. I’ve been to tons of stadiums watching USF play and a lot of times we won and the other fans shouldn’t have had much to be excited about yet pretty much every time they acted a lot more excited than we have, even our idiot cousins to the east have been having more fun and doing it for a lot longer while half the time having a steaming pile of **** to watch on the field they still bounced around with wreckless regard for human life as their stadium will surely crumble at any moment. We need to imagine Sisyphus happy as he pushes the rock up the mountain only to have it once again come tumbling back because there is enjoyment to be had in the work and struggle it took to get up that mountain even if it comes down 100 times out of 100. Or for our non Camus fans be like the people of Whoville singing and enjoying Christmas even if the grinch stole all of your Christmas crap. It’s 12 weekends a year drink a few too many, stand up and yell a few more plays than you ought to and act like you are having fun because that’s supposed to be the reason you are there, if it’s not fun anymore and you can’t understand ho to make it fun again maybe there are better uses for your discretionary dollar. 

59 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I am reminded of the UConn game back in maybe 2013 or 2014.  One of the only wins we had for the season.   It was a complete deluge pouring rain.  Most people were in the club or under cover.  My buddy and I were basically alone in our section wearing panchos and loudly cheering and standing.  A TSA dude in a pancho ordered us to sit down. I said no cause we aren’t bothering anyone out here.  We’re cheering for the Bulls.  He motioned to the cop to come down and the cop said if we didn’t obey him we would be removed from the stadium.  True story.

This is the Ray Jay experience we all know and love.