• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Alumni and Fan discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

In your world, yes.

As it’s the only world I know exists it’s the only world that matters, cogito ergo sum or something like that.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I was asked by the older gentleman behind me to sit down during the ucf game...first time I’ve ever had that happen to me. I only stand for important plays, so it sort of pissed me off. I just politely told him that I was going to stand for big plays and turned around. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. No one around us has ever asked anybody to sit down. 

Same here. We say in 113 since the second year at Ray Jay-they had us across the field the first year and our seats were comparable in1997. Moved to 112 this year. The young woman in front of us stands the entire game. I stand a good amount of the game. My group stands on 3rd down and no one ever asks anyone to sit down. They didn’t in 113 either. The dude in 111 tht wore the fire Gilbert shirt stands every game

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I believe that there does need to be more fan buy in and people need to leave their tailgates and get their butts in seats before the game actually starts   The band needs to be miked and  announcers need to get the crowd involved. Get rid of the HOT announcer and hire someone who can energize the crowdThe band plays “the bull” on third down and very few people even wave the horns. There is more fan engagement at Womens Basketball Games. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

We have millions of threads on here bragging about how great it is to police excitement and that having a boring sterile environment where we can sit shiva for the decline of our program is to be preferred.

I refuse to sit Shiva when I can just as easily sip Chivas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I refuse to sit Shiva when I can just as easily sip Chivas.

Drink a lowly blend? I would rather sit shiva.

Here is the most recent debate on standing or excessive celebration. 

I have plenty more I can provide you over the years, if anyone is interested. Including going back to 2005. 

Or the time I got arrested for standing and cheering because it obstructed the view of the non-paid employee seats that line the lower bowl.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Here is the most recent debate on standing or excessive celebration. 

I have plenty more I can provide you over the years, if anyone is interested. Including going back to 2005. 

Or the time I got arrested for standing and cheering because it obstructed the view of the non-paid employee seats that line the lower bowl.

I tailgate and cheer my bulls on! If I stand, stand up, get loud, and join me. Unless you are handicap and can't!

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213
  • Days Won:  25

If you want to get casual fans more involved they need to bring back the offense and play making abilities on offense and defense. Nothing gets a crowd more pumped up then a touchdown or  a big turnover!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I am reminded of the UConn game back in maybe 2013 or 2014.  One of the only wins we had for the season.   It was a complete deluge pouring rain.  Most people were in the club or under cover.  My buddy and I were basically alone in our section wearing panchos and loudly cheering and standing.  A TSA dude in a pancho ordered us to sit down. I said no cause we aren’t bothering anyone out here.  We’re cheering for the Bulls.  He motioned to the cop to come down and the cop said if we didn’t obey him we would be removed from the stadium.  True story.