• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No mention of the coin toss issue

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Either way it’s a lack of leadership from Chuckles and totally bush league.  If players did it on their own and he had no knowledge then I guess he’s lost parts of this team.  If he knew and sanctioned it then he it shows he’s bush league.  I believe it was the former.  Players have tuned him out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

before we get all crazy on this subject- I agree with @puc86  that this is a minor issue compared to the whole set of things going wrong. It is another indicator that things are wrong but I would not go so far as to make this into some huge issue.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, MikeG said:

before we get all crazy on this subject- I agree with @puc86  that this is a minor issue compared to the whole set of things going wrong. It is another indicator that things are wrong but I would not go so far as to make this into some huge issue.

It’s not a big issue and if this stood by itself it wouldn’t be that big, however, this is one of many head scratchers during the reign of coach Chuckles.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Disagree.  And how bad is actually is depends on whether it had the blessings of the coach.  If it were 3 individuals that decided at that time not to do it is bad.  But can't imagine this wasn't a decision made prior to walking out there.  MOST times, in days of yore, fighters touched gloves.  Sure there were probably exceptions but I can't remember them.  

Most unsportsmanlike things I ever decided to do I decided on my own and in the moment. Lucky for me less people were always watching me and if they were discussing it after the fact I wasn’t aware of it. The coaches typically didn’t care for theatrics and CCS doesn’t strike me as a very theatrical guy, I think that’s one of the biggest complaints on him. There is no way this was coach sanctioned it was young guys trying to be cool , get in the moment or try to gain what they thought was a psychological advantage.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I still would like to see video of this. Not doubting the OP in what he saw, I just wounder if this was what really happened. Just seems very strange that no one else caught it. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I still would like to see video of this. Not doubting the OP in what he saw, I just wounder if this was what really happened. Just seems very strange that no one else caught it. 

Was watching on the video board during the coin toss and what he described is exactly what happened. UCF players extended to shake hands and our players clasp their hands behind their backs and refused. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

Yep 

8 hours ago, BullTime said:

That's a perfect definition of bad sportsmanship, I do not support, was the coach aware of this plan ahead of time, if yes then that's poor coaching.

Sure is,   I played for a Coach that would have benched them for doing that, and then have lost the privilege of ever being a captain again.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Was watching on the video board during the coin toss and what he described is exactly what happened. UCF players extended to shake hands and our players clasp their hands behind their backs and refused. 

**** that’s incredible and sad at the same time. Team with a four game losing streak acting like dicks...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

I'm half surprised the ref didn't throw a flag on our team for unsportsmanlike conduct to start the game. That is ridiculous behavior.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** that’s incredible and sad at the same time. Team with a four game losing streak acting like dicks...

Coach said you are what you eat so I guess the eats garbage dicks