• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

As if it wasn't humiliating enough...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Name coach with a once in a lifetime bargain contract.

Reflective of USA consumer behavior. Buy cheap instead of buying quality.

Excellent point but I think we have a Food Lion budget but a Publix palate 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Not sure you can say we would be undefeated going into UCF.  It was defensive breakdown that lead to our loss vs Houston. 

Agree with most of the rest of the post. 

63 HB dives against Houston and Ed Oliver also made a huge difference in that game!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/24/2018 at 11:13 AM, BulledOver said:

So, CCS says "we are not a good football team". Ok that's pointing out the obvious. Terrible injury to Milton and you can only hope the guy can get through it and come out ok. But, their starting qb is out and a freshman comes in..isn't that when you step up your game and change your D game plan? Problem as I saw it..we aren't as good as their 1st or 2nd team. Almost felt like the injury to their guy caused our players to play w/o emotion. You watch Heupel and he is active/involved on the sideline you look at CCS and he looks like he's leaving for a funeral. At least he didn't have his hands in his pockets. That's all the CCS slamming I will do. Something serious needs to change. The players reflect the mood of the coaches. If we go to the Whatever bowl and roll over again..then I will be a fan of a coaching change. 

While having some or even a lot of emotion on the sideline is a requirement to be a great HC, Heupel is still learning his role and yesterday, he became a "Maestro" in getting the UCF Fans into a frenzy:

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1069230706801418241

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

While having some or even a lot of emotion on the sideline is a requirement to be a great HC, Heupel is still learning his role and yesterday, he became a "Maestro" in getting the UCF Fans into a frenzy:

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1069230706801418241

Very true. When I see excited coaches connecting with their players and fans it sends a visible message about the atmosphere surrounding the program. Great atmosphere to play in and watch a game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

11 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Very true. When I see excited coaches connecting with their players and fans it sends a visible message about the atmosphere surrounding the program. Great atmosphere to play in and watch a game. 

Heupel is REALLY big on "family"...as he has his and the other coaches families in/around the program all the time...even on the field after every home game (and in Tampa), plus in the locker rooms too. 

While successful coaches come in all styles...saying you are a family and BEING a family can be two different things...but right now for UCF, its certainly working for Coach Heupel...as he crossed that threshold for almost all UCF Fans on Saturday night and that goodwill will go on into the future too (even if there is a loss or two along the way).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  64

8 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

Heupel is REALLY big on "family"...as he has his and the other coaches families in/around the program all the time...even on the field after every home game (and in Tampa), plus in the locker rooms too. 

While successful coaches come in all styles...saying you are a family and BEING a family can be two different things...but right now for UCF, its certainly working for Coach Heupel...as he crossed that threshold for almost all UCF Fans on Saturday night and that goodwill will go on into the future too (even if there is a loss or two along the way).

I think that's the biggest change with O'Leary vs Frost and Heupel.  With O'Leary kids feared his punishment as he ran a tight ship.  With Frost/Heupel, the kids are over at the coaches house having pool parties, bbq's, going to sea world together, etc so often they don't have a whole lot of time for trouble.  There's a huge gap between how coaches of old run the team and build those relationships and coaches today, and I think it's a great change.

• Upvote 1