• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It took 3 losing seasons in a row for the TEXAS AD to fire Strong...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Also in his favor many young  players were on the field this year especially on the O line and on defense.

With another year and with good coaching in theory they should be much better next season. Emphasis on good coaching. 

At the bare min we need a new OC and if Strong were to go after a competent OC that knows how to run the spread we could be good despite having Strong as a HC.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

36 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

At the bare min we need a new OC and if Strong were to go after a competent OC that knows how to run the spread we could be good despite having Strong as a HC.

I just don't think the OC is the problem independent of Strong

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Time to face reality, Strong is 2 - 7 against teams with a winning record (not counting Elon, counted a 6-6 Temple last year). A decent coach should go .500 against teams with winning records that have about the same level of talent. A good coach wins more than half the games against teams with winning records. His trend is downward, the team regressed over the course of the year. Strong is not getting it done and is going backwards. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Strong switched out coordinators at Texas and they still sucked.

Fish rots from the head down

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I am disappointed in his coaching this year.  The offensive play was poor and the defensive play was pathetic for a so-called defensive minded head coach.

That being said, I would not be surprised if he is still the head coach next year, especially if he coaches and wins the bowl game.

I have no insider information on the locker room chemistry, nor do I want to speculate on the mood of the players.

All I know is the view point of the typical fan, and not the hard core fans who read every and anything posted online.

However, USF finally added season ticket holders this year after years of declining sales.  If the season ticket holders and boosters make a big stink now, it might sway the athletics VP to make a move now if he is teetering on what to do with Strong.

Edited by hightechbull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

16 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Fascinating point.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

16 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

On 11/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, Azmodi said:

IIRC, Strong was hired by Texas when they were a dumpster fire. He was brought in to right the ship and given time to bring in his own players. That's not the case when he arrived at USF. He inherited a team ready to win and win it all. What he's done is underachieve his entire tenure. That is a huge difference.

they were not a dumpster fire. they won 8 games the year before and mack had a winning record 15 of the 16 years he was there. Strong came in and kicked 9 guys off the team and suspended 3 more before their 3rd game. he turned them into a dumpster fire.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

On 11/24/2018 at 7:27 AM, CousinRicky said:

If you look at like this, Has he does enough to earn a $1.5 million dollar raise?

interesting dilemma. offer him the buyout or renegotiate his salary. his choice.