• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIRE CHARLIE STRONG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm 100% with you on the above. Until last night I was in favor of giving CCS a 3rd year with a new OC/offensive staff... He lost me last night. It's best we part ways as it's evident he doesn't understand what it takes to win at USF. He looks and sounds lost... 

It’s unfortunate. We always joked about the arena formerly known as the sun dome being on an Indian burial ground, maybe the whole athletics program is just cursed as the ball just never seems to bounce our way when it matters.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s unfortunate. We always joked about the arena formerly known as the sun dome being on an Indian burial ground, maybe the whole athletics program is just cursed as the ball just never seems to bounce our way when it matters.

We will be ok we just have to realize we need a certain type of personality at USF that breeds enthusiasm. CJL and CWT had that, Holtz and CCS didn't. We need that type of intensity and enthusiasm... 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We will be ok we just have to realize we need a certain type of personality at USF that breeds enthusiasm. CJL and CWT had that, Holtz and CCS didn't. We need that type of intensity and enthusiasm... 

QFT

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I liked Charlie Strong. I thought he was a good hire and was only the second coach I liked from the beginning. I came to a conclusion at some point that he wasn’t as great as I hoped but he was a nice guy, a bargain and the odds of us getting someone better that wouldn’t bolt immediately wasn’t that strong so maybe we retool some coordinators and things will be okay for a while. The press conferences this week and the playcalling yesterday has completely lost me. If the playcalling wasn’t exactly what he wanted and appreciated it would have changed on some of the crucial plays but as evidenced by his press conference he thinks that’s the right direction and it’s the player’s fault that they aren’t a Big Ten O-line. His responses to competing against UCF and how he views his players and our university are horribly telling and I don’t see how any player, fan or administrator can stand with him anymore. He managed to alienate everyone in every way possible in a week. I was wrong about CCS and many of you were right, we need to mitigate our losses and move on.

This^

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,231
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm 100% with you on the above. Until last night I was in favor of giving CCS a 3rd year with a new OC/offensive staff... He lost me last night. It's best we part ways as it's evident he doesn't understand what it takes to win at USF. He looks and sounds lost... 

He blames it on the players. H e didn't put any blame noon the terrible play calling and lack of balls to try to get some points before half or go for it on a 4-1. Oddly enough his favorite play the HB dive probably would have gotten it.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I liked Charlie Strong. I thought he was a good hire and was only the second coach I liked from the beginning. I came to a conclusion at some point that he wasn’t as great as I hoped but he was a nice guy, a bargain and the odds of us getting someone better that wouldn’t bolt immediately wasn’t that strong so maybe we retool some coordinators and things will be okay for a while. The press conferences this week and the playcalling yesterday has completely lost me. If the playcalling wasn’t exactly what he wanted and appreciated it would have changed on some of the crucial plays but as evidenced by his press conference he thinks that’s the right direction and it’s the player’s fault that they aren’t a Big Ten O-line. His responses to competing against UCF and how he views his players and our university are horribly telling and I don’t see how any player, fan or administrator can stand with him anymore. He managed to alienate everyone in every way possible in a week. I was wrong about CCS and many of you were right, we need to mitigate our losses and move on.

Very well said.  I describes my sentiments precisely 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3rd Quarter of UConn I wanted him fired tbo... that's when I knew.  I suspected against UMass, i knew against UConn

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Charlie Strong is not even in the top 10 of this hot seat list.  He is #65

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Anybody worth taking in the hot seat list?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Charlie Strong is not even in the top 10 of this hot seat list.  He is #65

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

When you consider at one point this season his seat was the third coolest that’s quite the fall, also the algorithm doesn’t account for things like actual fan displeasure, postings calling for the firing or idiotic messaging coming from the coach that alienates his team and fanbase.