• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

...and just like that the fate of an entire program can change WOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

don't wish injury on anyone. at the end of the day it's just football.

get well McKenzie!

prayers up!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

When Julmiste went down, we got Grothe.  When he went down, we got BJ Daniels.  You can't tell.  Hope he can resume his career soon.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

On November 23, 2018 at 8:30 PM, Grateful Dad said:

When Julmiste went down, we got Grothe.  When he went down, we got BJ Daniels.  You can't tell.  Hope he can resume his career soon.

all due respect to Julmiste, but he was not a BCS caliber QB.

Grothe was a bit of a surprise & turned out to be a legend.

I think a lot of Bulls fans knew BJ was going to be special, at least a solid replacement for Grothe. it wasn't a shocker when he turned out to be a stud.

idk much about the Mack kid at FCU, but I think it's an extreme long shot that he approaches Milton in any way, shape or form... at least heading into a Conference Championship game against a Memphis team that is bloodthirsty for revenge after losing to FCU by 1-point earlier in the season WITH Milton, losing the AAC Championship last season, as well as decade(s) of losing to FCU.

i think FCU is a talented enough team to squeeze out a win in the AACCG at home without Milton, but I think the chances of them beating a Top 10 ranked P5 squad in an NY6 bowl-- IF they manage to get past Memphis-- are slim to none...

which brings me me to my ultimate point that without the "consecutive undefeated seasons/BaCk to Back NaTiONaL cHaMps" narrative, FCU becomes just another mid major team with a conference championship from a conference nobody gives a squirt about.

remember when we destroyed them 64-12 in 2007, the year they had Kevin "24K" Smith & went on to win the C-USA Championship? did ANYONE care nationally that they won their conference or that we beat them before backsliding into the Sun Bowl after being ranked #2 in the BCS? nope.

it was just another example of the massive disparity between BCS/non-BCS teams & conference, just like FCU losing would demonstrate the massive disparity between P5/G5 teams. it would probably even turn the perception of last year's NY6 win into more of a flukey thing (fair or not) than a "daaamn, FCU is a P5 caliber program in a top notch G5 conference" thing it could be.

program changing injury. possibly even conference changer.