• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

Good point as I will now go back to 2005 when both UCF and usf joined new conferences and post all of those divisional and conf championships for each team:

2005: UCF Divisional Championship

2007: UCF Divisional Championship

2007: UCF Conference Championship

2010: UCF Divisional Championship

2010: UCF Conference Championship

2012: UCF Divisional Championship

and then of course since both teams joined the same conf in 20013: 

2013: UCF: AAC Championship: O'Leary (no divisions that season)

2014: UCF: AAC Championship: O'Leary (no divisions that season)

2017: UCF: AAC Divisional Championship Frost

2017: UCF: AAC Championship Frost

2018: UCF: AAC Divisional Championship: Heupel

Thats a heck of a lot of trophies for UCF and not one for usf...as for one team its almost the norm to play for Conf Championships on a regular basis while the other hasn't even won a divisional title, ever.

Oh you are now counting that conference championship where we put 64 points on your asses? LMAO! You really counting that CUSA titles? Ok...sure...the AAC is no where near the level of competition of the BE. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh you are now counting that conference championship where we put 64 points on your asses? LMAO! You really counting that CUSA titles? Ok...sure...

I like that division and conference championship in the same year equals two different lines 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Oh you are now counting that conference championship where we put 64 points on your asses? LMAO! You really counting that CUSA titles? Ok...sure...

My response was your quote on how its hard to do year after year and that UCF's success run will be over (maybe soon?). I just noted that UCF has enjoyed a lot of success since 2005 and has show that on a regular basis that UCF fights for divisional and/or conf titles, regardless of conf.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I like that division and conference championship in the same year equals two different lines 

2 different titles, 2 different trophies...as some years, UCF didn't win a Conf Title even when they won a divisional title (2005 and 2012) while 2 years in 2013 and 2014, AAC did not have divisions so only conf titles were earned.

I will list the same for usf if/when they ever win a divisional or conf championship.

Just now, Knight_Light said:

My response was your quote on how its hard to do year after year and that UCF's success run will be over (maybe soon?). I just noted that UCF has enjoyed a lot of success since 2005 and has show that on a regular basis that UCF fights for divisional and/or conf titles, regardless of conf.

But prior to the AAC you are comparing apples to oranges relative to the conference. I suspect we would have done pretty good in Cusa if we had stayed during that time. 

1 minute ago, Knight_Light said:

2 different titles, 2 different trophies...as some years, UCF didn't win a Conf Title even when they won a divisional title (2005 and 2012) while 2 years in 2013 and 2014, AAC did not have divisions so only conf titles were earned.

I will list the same for usf if/when they ever win a divisional or conf championship.

Your post lost all credibility when you did not list your national championship...

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Most people would make a list as

2017: division/ conference champion

unless of course they were trying to stretch their list and didn’t feel it was quite as adequate as they were trying to report.

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But prior to the AAC you are comparing apples to oranges relative to the conference. I suspect we would have done pretty good in Cusa if we had stayed during that time. 

But according to your fans, AAC is garbage and no way would have they supported CUSA Football if you got left behind Cinci and Louisville that bolted to join the Big East.

bulls had 2 recruiting classes in Feb 2004 and Feb 2005 with the BCS "recruiting" advantage since the BCS Big East invited them in Nov 2003 and it certainly showed on the field...as many of those same recruits were attracted to that program because of the BCS label but probably would have chosen another school without it.

Your post lost all credibility when you did not list your national championship...

True...as I obviously could have included both of UCF's BCS/NYD6 Titles over past 5 years too...but I was focused on regular season titles.

But according to your fans, AAC is garbage and no way would have they supported CUSA Football if you got left behind Cinci and Louisville that bolted to join the Big East.

bulls had 2 recruiting classes in Feb 2004 and Feb 2005 with the BCS "recruiting" advantage since the BCS Big East invited them in Nov 2003 and it certainly showed on the field...as many of those same recruits were attracted to that program because of the BCS label but probably would have chosen another school without it.

AAC is garbage but we would have still had plenty supporting the program as it was still all new. Our recruiting was excellent and we had one cusa championship worthy team before we were allowed in late to cusa. Our last season in Cuse was bad as Leavitt knew he had to redshirt players before heading to the BE.

But to get back to my initial point-  are you suggesting that ucf will always be a leader in the AAC and that USF won’t? Again, if so, that is ridiculous hours programs go up and down.