• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Oh! I know you think winning the AAC is meaningless, but it should be the primary goal of every team in the conference, and it’s the gateway to the most meaningful bowl game available to conference teams.  Talk of being left out of the CFB Playoffs is laughable, when your team is at best a middle of pack team in such a “meaningless” conference.

It should not be the primary "goal" - it should be the primary assumption for a team that flunked down to the AAC. We have failed.  To make it a goal, waves the surrender flag most fitting for the Pirate ship.  We're in a world of ****.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 minute ago, Brad said:

It says we play down to the level of our conference's ineptitude.  We should not stand for that.  

Nah, I disagree. When it matters most, we haven't learned to kick it into overdrive. Can't knock the conference without being more introspective about USF's inability to seize its moments.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

I’d take what UCF has over ray Jay every day of the week. 

They have ave a real game day atmosphere on campus and the stadium is fine. 

Hate all you want but memory mall + spectrum >>>>>>>> parking lot and ray jay by a long shot.

Their stadium is not "fine." 

Its crap. I'd be really pissed if we built a bouncing crap stadium. You can't even watch the game because the cameras shake. It was built without water fountains, and it needed off season structural reinforcement due to deflections making fans uncomfortable.

I think the camera shaking is a big issue and UCF should correct it. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The only way to win the AAC is to win a ticket onto one of the lifeboats off of it, who won the last foot race of the passengers left on the Titanic? Who won the last Game of Gin? Did anyone left on the boat as it sank actually win anything?

• Upvote 1

Better stated, we failed, in a weak conference.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  136

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would much rather be winning 9 games and losing the BEAST every season while beating up on marquee out of conference opponents than losing to marquee programs and winning 9 AAC games to take the AAC conference championship every season and I feel that anyone that says they don’t feel that way is being entirely disingenuous. So we don’t have conference hardware? Does the AAC give out a conference championship? Where would you put it? Somewhere below your presidents blue athletic patches from elementary school? And maybe just above your coed kickball participation trophy?

what I miss most is that nice slice of TV/bowl and even NCAA tourney revenue we received being associated with the Big East and BCS conferences. The drop when we fell into the G5 toilet bowl is enormous.

That time period expanded our budget quite a bit and I don't know that we ever dialed it back to account for the drop in donors and the conference associated revenues. We went from running in the black to -- and this is from reading stuff on these boards so not sure how accfurate it is-- a 20 million per year operating loss for athletics.

Edited by MikeG

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

what I miss most is that nice slice of TV/bowl and even NCAA tourney revenue we received being associated with the Big East and BCS conferences. The drop when we fell into the G5 toilet bowl is enormous.

I miss it all! The beer was colder, the stadium was filled, the sun wasn’t as hot, the teams were more exciting, my wife was younger, and we were young misfit warrior kings that felt we could beat the world now we have lived long enough to know the disappointments of life.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

we were young misfit warrior kings that felt we could beat the world

Oh, to be young again.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Oh, to be young again.

It sounds exhausting actually 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The only way to win the AAC is to win a ticket onto one of the lifeboats off of it, who won the last foot race of the passengers left on the Titanic? Who won the last Game of Gin? Did anyone left on the boat as it sank actually win anything?

We control that ticket. Win this conference consistently and we better chances. We've done a piss poor job with our opportunities so far. That can change, if we bring down C a few pegs this Black Friday. Time to kick Sir Cornhole off his steed.