• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lot of shiny aluminum in that stadium

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

People not show up because it's cold, or too early in the game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

2nd largest home crowd. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127

10,000 times the atmosphere of the 1/3 full Glazer house.

But, we have chair backs!  Yes, 40,000+ of them are empty, but ...

But, the pirate ship makes up for it.

• Haha 1

The attendance record will never be beat, UCF has removed general seating to create premium seats, so the capacity has been reduced.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

21 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

10,000 times the atmosphere of the 1/3 full Glazer house.

But, we have chair backs!  Yes, 40,000+ of them are empty, but ...

But, the pirate ship makes up for it.

Since you are someone who has for years offered astute and sometimes provocative opinions, I am curious about yours as far as attendance at the games.  UCF's attendance has fluctuated but it is easy to see why.  The more they win, the more fans they have attend. When they lose, the stay home.   USF , on the other hand,  had the issue of conference realignment and bad seasons happening at once.  If you take out this latest bad streak, USF has been winning but the fans  have not returned.  Do you really think an on campus stadium will bring back those fans who have left?  Any ideas as to why they have not returned?   I am sure there will be some who would attend out of curiosity but do not think the majority of those fans we have lost will return as long as USF is on the outside looking in.  So a smaller, more intimate stadium probably would be best. 

Edited by Mission9
clarity

About 10 minutes pre game.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127

2 hours ago, Mission9 said:

Since you are someone who has for years offered astute and sometimes provocative opinions, I am curious about yours as far as attendance at the games.  UCF's attendance has fluctuated but it is easy to see why.  The more they win, the more fans they have attend. When they lose, the stay home.   USF , on the other hand,  had the issue of conference realignment and bad seasons happening at once.  If you take out this latest bad streak, USF has been winning but the fans  have not returned.  Do you really think an on campus stadium will bring back those fans who have left?  Any ideas as to why they have not returned?   I am sure there will be some who would attend out of curiosity but do not think the majority of those fans we have lost will return as long as USF is on the outside looking in.  So a smaller, more intimate stadium probably would be best. 

I doubt very seriously that anyone thinks a new stadium is a panacea for all that ails us.  But, it is a significant piece of the puzzle.  It’s a colossal statement that the university is invested in football.  We have seen what the momentum has done for UCF — and a huge part of that was the investment in a stadium.

35,000 seats would be perfect.