• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So is anyone not on the fire Coach Strong train?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Well history shows his teams even with Bridgewater never really blew away many teams...they would win but not impressive. I was on the keep Strong make a OC change but now...I am on the fire Strong train.

Didn't the same thing happen to Dungy because he wouldn't fire his OC?  Now I get it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Didn't the same thing happen to Dungy because he wouldn't fire his OC?  Now I get it.

Seems a common issue with defensive minded coaches...very bland and safe offenses.

I think Strong would be happy winning every game 7-0 and the TD came from defense. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Has anyone brought up David Yost yet? Don’t feel like wading through 17 pages...He turned Utah State into an offensive juggernaut!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Seems a common issue with defensive minded coaches...very bland and safe offenses.

I think Strong would be happy winning every game 7-0 and the TD came from defense. 

I would be too.  However, this defense is not going to do that yet, so the only way is to use the playmakers on offense who are oddly unused.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I don’t see ccs changing, so it’s time for him to go. It’s time for him to retire because the game has passed him by. Fans want an entertaining and aggressive product on the field, not the boring offenses he puts out there. 

Fans might put up with this if we were in the P5 and grinding out wins against the big name teams.

Tampa needs entertainment along with wins against AAC teams. A boring, close win against a team the fan base and area doesn't respect is not going to fill the stands. That is one of the things CWT eventually figured out. He's an entertainer and motivator. Strong is like a Nebraska coach from 1975.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Fans might put up with this if we were in the P5 and grinding out wins against the big name teams.

Tampa needs entertainment along with wins against AAC teams. A boring, close win against a team the fan base and area doesn't respect is not going to fill the stands. That is one of the things CWT eventually figured out. He's an entertainer and motivator. Strong is like a Nebraska coach from 1975.

Hell, Nebraska blew out plenty of teams that year.   If we had grinded out 11 wins this year that would be one thing, but we haven't and we won't.  We're below .500 in this mediocre conference with a last second FG to beat TULSA for crying out loud.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Hell, Nebraska blew out plenty of teams that year.   If we had grinded out 11 wins this year that would be one thing, but we haven't and we won't.  We're below .500 in this mediocre conference with a last second FG to beat TULSA for crying out loud.

And we made UCONN look competitive!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I wish our schedule was flipped this year. Starting 0-5 and finishing on a 7 game win streak gives so much more confidence going into next year

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, TExpress said:

Has anyone brought up David Yost yet? Don’t feel like wading through 17 pages...He turned Utah State into an offensive juggernaut!

Couple of people have brought up Yost. I'm not sure we could get him as I don't know if he would want to leave Utah State but Strong would have to relinquish all offensive control to Yost for that to work

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Couple of people have brought up Yost. I'm not sure we could get him as I don't know if he would want to leave Utah State but Strong would have to relinquish all offensive control to Yost for that to work

He's making 1/4 of what we're paying Gilbert. Logan, Utah isn't that cool.