• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So is anyone not on the fire Coach Strong train?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Great regular season wins?

I am not as astute UCF follower, but curious, what reg season wins have been huge?

Huge? None. Good wins? 45-14 over Pitt. Not arguing they are playoff material, but, they are 9-0, and are where they should be in the rankings, especially considering they started the season ranked due to last year's success.

UCF has, in the last 5 years:

* Went 12-1 with a BCS Bowl win over Baylor (O'leary)

* Went 13-0 with an NY6 win over Auburn (Frost)

* Currently 9-0 this year, and as of right now has the College Gameday spotlight (Huepel)

They are certainly better at finding Head Coaches than we are.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Everything is based on meaningless bowl wins, a ****** conference and crummy OOC opponents.  Smoke and mirrors.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm still not on the "fire Strong" bandwagon. I'm a little embarrassed tonight, since I think we were out-coached in the 2nd half--they figured it out, we didn't. That makes me very skeptical of our chances on black friday--not holding my breath.

I think we could have had just about any coach in here last year and won. This year, Strong is having to build the team. Though I'm down about how things are going with this staff, I'm not ready to give up yet. He needs to get the players aligned, and they're clearly not yet.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I want to know what’s the best team to have ever had a marquee win against UCF.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

I’ve been in the keep Coach Strong camp, but I’ve become very frustrated.

I can’t stand passionless leaders. Belichek will be the last of that dying breed. And obviously CCS is no Belichek.

Leaders need to lead. Leaders need to be passionate to inspire loyalty and dedication. I’ve never seen joy or anger in CCS. He is not an inspirational leader. He can recruit, no doubt about it. But the game has changed. Talent alone isn’t enough anymore.

Young men, now more than ever need to be lead. They need to be inspired. The days of the stoic head coach are gone.....Maybe that means CCS needs to move on.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Everything is based on meaningless bowl wins

If you're talking about their Auburn win...or Baylor....I consider those huge wins for their program, just as about everybody on here would have considered it huge if we had won those games. That Auburn win, and the silly National Champions thing, probably is a factor in College Gameday being in Orlando today.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

On the UCF comparison, we'll see how it goes. Huepel went with what worked under Frost's system, and it's kept them undefeated and looking pretty solid. Strong didn't really do the same, but with QF he was able to pull out a great season. On or off the field, Milton is their leader, so we'll see how they do without him when he grad's.

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

If you're talking about their Auburn win...or Baylor....I consider those huge wins for their program, just as about everybody on here would have considered it huge if we had won those games. That Auburn win, and the silly National Champions thing, probably is a factor in College Gameday being in Orlando today.  

I think their whole Disney-like escapade is why ESPN was there.   They have great marketing that turns them into rock stars, no doubt.

Baylor and Auburn don't lament those losses, they got swag and a trip.  No skin off their noses.

Who have they beaten when it mattered, outside of AAC shenanigans?

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I want to know what’s the best team to have ever had a marquee win against UCF.

Cincy, if they win tonight, or us if we win on Black Friday. I guess a marquee win is a matter of opinion, but there's no doubt that it would be closer than anything we've had in a LONG time... Considering our place in the College Football landscpae, why wouldn't this be a marquee win?

It would be like having blackjack against a house of cards.