• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Temple

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

No WE are not. If you are **** YOU!

I said earlier I hate myself for this attitude.  That being said, I believe we have lost 4 in a row 5 out of the last 8 seasons so it's really not unexpected.  I guess I better stay away from this board that I thought was a safe vent space. I'll change my attitude and say I'm now pumped for Friday and I'll get on that renewal for the 13th year in a row.

GO BULLS!

• Haha 1

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Temple pretty much self-destructed in the first half and handed USF the game. They capitalized a bit but not fully.

Then the halftime adjustments were for Temple to play to win and USF to hold the 17 point lead. At this point Temple showed that even though we were neutralizing Armstead, they could stifle our offense and score enough. Eventually our D did wear down and broke just enough. Plus a heaping helping of typical USF self-destruction to balance Temple's first half self-destruction.

But an absolute gut wrenching morale killing collapse.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, SpeedBull said:

I appreciate your concern. Honestly, it’s probably even sincere.

But don’t worry about me. I’m a father of two. A USF graduate and I have a successful business. I’ll sign off shortly and enjoy the rest of my evening. That will entail watching the UCF with my sister in law that’s UCF alum. 

She has a reason to be excited. Hell, I’m excited for her and the UCF program. They actually have something to be excited about. The have really built something.

I am competitive by nature. I hate complacency. It makes my skin crawl. 

I am frustrated to be a part of complacency. 

I still love USF and the Bulls. I always will. But the truth is the truth. I just want to see this program find the passion we lost the day Leavitt left.

Stay on...you are a fan...yelling on this board is better than throwing things at the TV😁

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

Time for a shakeup in the program. CCS is on the hot seat. We better not renew his contract and then fire him right after. We're having "a Holtz Strong new era"

• Upvote 1

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Temple pretty much self-destructed in the first half and handed USF the game. They capitalized a bit but not fully.

Then the halftime adjustments were for Temple to play to win and USF to hold the 17 point lead. At this point Temple showed that even though we were neutralizing Armstead, they could stifle our offense and score enough. Eventually our D did wear down and broke just enough. Plus a heaping helping of typical USF self-destruction to balance Temple's first half self-destruction.

But an absolute gut wrenching morale killing collapse.

I would have rather this game had been a blow out from the start. Blowing a 17 to 0 lead is what is so bothersome about this.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I would have rather this game had been a blow out from the start. Blowing a 17 to 0 lead is what is so bothersome about this.

it's how defensive minded coaches work. get a lead and sit on it.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

I said earlier I hate myself for this attitude.  That being said, I believe we have lost 4 in a row 5 out of the last 8 seasons so it's really not unexpected.  I guess I better stay away from this board that I thought was a safe vent space. I'll change my attitude and say I'm now pumped for Friday and I'll get on that renewal for the 13th year in a row.

GO BULLS!

Sorry Mate...that was some Bull on Bull crime on my part. Nothing personal. We are all frustrated, we just express it differently.

We have one more game that counts. If we beat UCF we will all be happy again!

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ditto.

Said the same thing to my wife, and maybe earlier in this thread.  I hate having given up on the season, then getting hope back, then getting it smashed.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I appreciate your concern. Honestly, it’s probably even sincere.

But don’t worry about me. I’m a father of two. A USF graduate and I have a successful business. I’ll sign off shortly and enjoy the rest of my evening. That will entail watching the UCF with my sister in law that’s UCF alum. 

She has a reason to be excited. Hell, I’m excited for her and the UCF program. They actually have something to be excited about. The have really built something.

I am competitive by nature. I hate complacency. It makes my skin crawl. 

I am frustrated to be a part of complacency. 

I still love USF and the Bulls. I always will. But the truth is the truth. I just want to see this program find the passion we lost the day Leavitt left.

Unless the University beings back Leavitt nothing will happen for a LONG time. I don't see that move being made. Maybe we should right a letter to him.

And to add salt to our wounds we are losing the recruiting on the war on I4. LET'S GROW SOME BALLS on Black Friday. 

Just now, Usfemup said:

It was quite heartwarming actually.  Expected, but heartwarming nonetheless.  

Wow...your typing and spelling teacher should be commended. You are doing so well with your issues. I feel better about Moddle Florida Community College...