• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls vs Ohio MBB at 4:30 on CBSSports Network

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

19 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Collins has an 8th year and transferred back from WVU?! 

Start the man!

But seriously, if this team hits the boards, plays hard and can make a few shots, they’re going to be better than expected.

USF has a really good sophomore SG named David Collins, but yes, I wish we still had Anthony with this squad. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

USF has a really good sophomore SG named David Collins, but yes, I wish we still had Anthony with this squad. 

And Anthony Collins went to Texas A&M. Other than that, spot on post. 😉

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

47 minutes ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

Are we soon going to be known as a basketball school rather than a football school? Maybe.

It is a 🏀 school...a Women’s 🏀 Basketball School!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

It is a 🏀 school...a Women’s 🏀 Basketball School!

That's something that needs to change and it will, hopefully sooner rather then later. Love the USF women but you gets no respect in the college sports world if the women basketballers have to carry the school flag. UNCONN is the only school that can get away with it but the men have had great success in the past as well.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interestingly that Georgetown lost their game by 13. Looking forward to Sunday to see where we are. 

Hate G'Town lost because it may serve as a wake-up call for them. Maybe Loyola is better than many thought. Still I wanted USF to be the ones to maybe slap the Hoyas back down to earth. Anyway they are young and talented in the back court and we can't expect (white Vince Carter) Matt McClung to post another stat line of 1 reb, 0 asst, and 0 pts again can we? Hoyas are talented in the front court as well so it will be a test for our bigs. The game should be competitive but I do think if the Bulls get off to a fast start offensively and smothers Georgetown backcourt defensively, we could see a somewhat repeat of the Ohio game today. The Hoyas are young and will start to panic if they get down by double digits. USF is better coached and if they play their game they can and will win over the Hoyas.

In the end I have this game being tight and it can go either way. I expect a much better performance by G'Town Sunday but I'm also hoping USF stays focus on their goal of winning this tournament and imposes their will on the Hoyas, wearing them down and pulling away late to win.

`

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Vega said:

Hate G'Town lost because it may serve as a . Maybe Loyola is better than many thought. Still I wanted USF to be the ones to maybe slap the Hoyas back down to earth. Anyway they are young and talented in the back court and we can't expect (white Vince Carter) Matt McClung to post another stat line of 1 reb, 0 asst, and 0 pts again can we? Hoyas are talented in the front court as well so it will be a test for our bigs. The game should be competitive but I do think if the Bulls get off to a fast start offensively and smothers Georgetown backcourt defensively, we could see a somewhat repeat of the Ohio game today. The Hoyas are young and will start to panic if they get down by double digits. USF is better coached and if they play their game they can and will win over the Hoyas.

In the end I have this game being tight and it can go either way. I expect a much better performance by G'Town Sunday but I'm also hoping USF stays focus on their goal of winning this tournament and imposes their will on the Hoyas, wearing them down and pulling away late to win.

`

Thinking the same thing...wish GT had lost as I don’t know if they drop two in a row. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

And Anthony Collins went to Texas A&M. Other than that, spot on post. 😉

Ah yes, my bad. I’m watching the WVU vs WKU game and thought I remembered him playing for Huggie Bear.

Getting old stinks...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Rideau keeps both teams in the game. So far, he's consistently made a good play followed by a boneheaded one. If he can play smarter as the season goes on, that will be big.

totally agree... I think with his game that year away has him a little rusty.  Once he cuts down on the mistakes I think this team can be a decent team.  A good team actually. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't dislike Rideau, but he represents this team's ceiling. This team will go as far as he can take us. He doesn't have to be a great shooter, but his FT shooting almost cost us the Austin Peay game. He seems to be a pretty good decision maker and an above average defender. 

Castaneda is not ready to run this offense which is why PG depth is a big concern for me. I suppose Collins could fill in if needed, but that wouldn't be ideal. 

Yeah... his free throw shooting was terrible against Austin Peay...  I agree about Collins, him at the point wouldn't be ideal but he's done it.  I think Castaneda has better handles than Collins though... hopefully by midseason he gets up to speed where if needed he could take over. I like Castaneda a lot though...