• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls vs Ohio MBB at 4:30 on CBSSports Network

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This team is fun to watch. Hardworking and scrappy, just like their coach. I think the two biggest weaknesses are going to be shooting and point guard depth/play. Rideau is serviceable, but he makes quite a few mistakes and doesn't seem like he is going to be a good shooter. I do like the way Gregory is easing Castaneda into the offense as well. I thought we could be a .500 team this season, but I might have to revisit that prediction. GO BULLS! 

Yes, shooting will be a problem but if they stay aggressive on the boards this will help to offset that decency at times. Castaneda has a long way to go but I agree he has to get minutes going forward for development. Kid made three mistakes in a row today but what can you do? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

24 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This team is fun to watch. Hardworking and scrappy, just like their coach. I think the two biggest weaknesses are going to be shooting and point guard depth/play. Rideau is serviceable, but he makes quite a few mistakes and doesn't seem like he is going to be a good shooter. I do like the way Gregory is easing Castaneda into the offense as well. I thought we could be a .500 team this season, but I might have to revisit that prediction. GO BULLS! 

I actually like Rideau... the team plays better when he's in and while he's not a shooter, he doesn't need to be, it's not his roll.  He's leads the team in assists and does well on the boards and defense. He's our best distributer.  He has gotten better each game and I think we'll go as far as he takes us.  Castanada is easing into the offense well but I don't expect to see him starting barring injury.  We have  a pretty complete team and it seems like the guys are starting to figure out their rolls.  I think Lang is going to be a complete monster by midseason, Brown too.  

Oh... we got some good bigs again.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, shooting will be a problem but if they stay aggressive on the boards this will help to offset that decency at times. Castaneda has a long way to go but I agree he has to get minutes going forward for development. Kid made three mistakes in a row today but what can you do? 

We have bigs who are aggressive on the boards... I don't think we'll have to much of a shooting problem this year.  We're knocking down shots and getting better with consistency.  Tomorrow against Georgetown will tell us more... I personally think we could win this tournament. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I like Rideau too.  Haven't seen enough of the games really, but what I did see looked pretty good

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

11 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I actually like Rideau... the team plays better when he's in and while he's not a shooter, he doesn't need to be, it's not his roll.  He's leads the team in assists and does well on the boards and defense. He's our best distributer.  He has gotten better each game and I think we'll go as far as he takes us.  Castanada is easing into the offense well but I don't expect to see him starting barring injury.  We have  a pretty complete team and it seems like the guys are starting to figure out their rolls.  I think Lang is going to be a complete monster by midseason, Brown too.  

I don't dislike Rideau, but he represents this team's ceiling. This team will go as far as he can take us. He doesn't have to be a great shooter, but his FT shooting almost cost us the Austin Peay game. He seems to be a pretty good decision maker and an above average defender. 

Castaneda is not ready to run this offense which is why PG depth is a big concern for me. I suppose Collins could fill in if needed, but that wouldn't be ideal. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

30 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Rideau keeps both teams in the game. So far, he's consistently made a good play followed by a boneheaded one. If he can play smarter as the season goes on, that will be big.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

1 minute ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

Are we soon going to be known as a basketball school rather than a football school? Maybe.

We had about a 25 year head start to make that happen, so I doubt it now.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't dislike Rideau, but he represents this team's ceiling. This team will go as far as he can take us. He doesn't have to be a great shooter, but his FT shooting almost cost us the Austin Peay game. He seems to be a pretty good decision maker and an above average defender. 

Castaneda is not ready to run this offense which is why PG depth is a big concern for me. I suppose Collins could fill in if needed, but that wouldn't be ideal. 

Collins has an 8th year and transferred back from WVU?! 

Start the man!

But seriously, if this team hits the boards, plays hard and can make a few shots, they’re going to be better than expected.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, Calibull said:

We have bigs who are aggressive on the boards... I don't think we'll have to much of a shooting problem this year.  We're knocking down shots and getting better with consistency.  Tomorrow against Georgetown will tell us more... I personally think we could win this tournament. 

Interestingly that Georgetown lost their game by 13. Looking forward to Sunday to see where we are.