• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls vs Ohio MBB at 4:30 on CBSSports Network

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

First time in a long time I've had to ask myself "is this team good?"

Looking forward to finding out.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

They'll be up and down, but there is finally a direction and young talent to build around.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

They'll be up and down, but there is finally a direction and young talent to build around.

It’s so refreshing to see the intensity of this team. They are scrappers yet can get hot on the offensive side of the ball. The key is that we finally have excellent depth. Don’t know if you heard the radio post game but the first comment by Gregory was how upset he and the players were over Kit’s injury. The guy is pure class. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

20 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This is what I'm most excited about we can see what a USF basketball coach is building rather than just a bunch of random pieces. We're getting good young guys that fit a philosophy and you can see the system and players developing. We have a program and not a team 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s so refreshing to see the intensity of this team. They are scrappers yet can get hot on the offensive side of the ball. The key is that we finally have excellent depth. Don’t know if you heard the radio post game but the first comment by Gregory was how upset he and the players were over Kit’s injury. The guy is pure class. 

There's A LOT to like. I wasn't thrilled by the hire at the time, but I was flat wrong. Don't know where he'll ultimately take us, but he took over a total train wreck and is turning the tide for sure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,400
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Whose injury??? Kit?

4 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Whose injury??? Kit?

Laksa - ACL

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

Couldn't understand at the time why folks were questioning this hire given Gregory's pedigree, having been trained at Michigan State.  He had Dayton competing hard year after year, then made the move up to Georgia Tech and did some fine recruiting but was not given time to get his guys to gel. You could tell last year that he had class.  He let the team's best player on paper leave the team for the sake of team unity and he patiently developed Collins.  Though lacking Division 1 talent, the team was so much better at the end of the season than at the beginning.  This was a good win for the Bulls, but it's just the start.  They are SO YOUNG and inexperienced.  But they will bring defense and rebounding every night and they likely won't be outhustled.  Lots to look forward to in Men's BB.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

This team is fun to watch. Hardworking and scrappy, just like their coach. I think the two biggest weaknesses are going to be shooting and point guard depth/play. Rideau is serviceable, but he makes quite a few mistakes and doesn't seem like he is going to be a good shooter. I do like the way Gregory is easing Castaneda into the offense as well. I thought we could be a .500 team this season, but I might have to revisit that prediction. GO BULLS!