• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong contract

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

again no need to get so upset. you don't know what Strong's buyout is compared to Taggart.

In response to the request, the school indicated other buyout terms are included in an agreement between Strong and the USF Foundation, the school's private fundraising arm. As a direct-support organization, USF Foundation records are confidential and exempt from disclosure under Florida law.

But it is believed Strong's buyout amount in that agreement is considerable.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/11/29/sorry-charlie-critics-strongs-usf-buyout-bigger-than-presumed/

There you go again tell me not to be "so upset" when I am not upset-- Stop that. It is a BS tactic.

Also-- you assume that you know what I know. You regurgitated the article that is in this same thread earlier that I have read and -- not just the title of the article. That article was written at the end of November last year to tell USF fans the buyout was not just the 20 weeks or whatever many assumed it was-- but for the remaining years of the contract at 500K per year. This number has been discussed in this thread and the generally accepted amount for his buyout is 1.5 million.

My point in posting the FSU and then subsequently other coaches buyout amounts was to show how small in comparison that expense would be to what other schools might face. I do not give a rats arse if they all die of dysentery or win the national championship. Their teams success/failure has absolutely ZERO to do with what I posted.

I have restated this multiple times and multiple times you reply "aww-- don't get so upset" (paraphrasing). That is real cute but is not engaging in the discussion the thread is about -- and I mean what the thread was about at the point when I posted the information you got so upset about. 

43 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I only brought up how we do not want to bring the old coaches back because 9 times out of 10 that is how threads lean. It was meant as an attempt to stay on point. However it went there anyway so lesson learned.

Also long conversations tend to make tangents as it spurs other conversation points. but I digress. I don't to start a new tangent. 

That's cool --- and I'm sorry if I made a big deal about it. I also think retreads rarely ever make any sense. The CJL that exists today is a shell of the one that was here 10 years ago. People get old

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

That's cool --- and I'm sorry if I made a big deal about it. I also think retreads rarely ever make any sense. The CJL that exists today is a shell of the one that was here 10 years ago. People get old

I definitely agree there. I was a student when he coached. It was exciting. He is definitely not the same guy he was back then. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

I also think retreads rarely ever make any sense. The CJL that exists today is a shell of the one that was here 10 years ago. People get old

For us it makes zero sense.  IF CCS is let go we need the hot up and comer coordinator like CJL was or the young whipper snapper HC charisma guy like CWT was. The person once they start doing well here everyone else will want to hire away from us. I don't want us firing anyone for a few cycles. 

3 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

For us it makes zero sense.  IF CCS is let go we need the hot up and comer coordinator like CJL was or the young whipper snapper HC charisma guy like CWT was. The person once they start doing well here everyone else will want to hire away from us. I don't want us firing anyone for a few cycles. 

exactly-- and the main reason I was like "really? Charlie Strong? Why?" then found out we got him at a discount. Ahh-- he was reasonably priced and a name coach. That made some sense but we didn't need to go all in after those two years. Just call the buyout -- even at 1.5 million or whatever part of his original two years and he was still a bargain. Then find a new guy who can fire up the fans and the program in general. Somebody HUNGRY!

Though if it were up to me, I would not mind seeing Coach Leavitt back at USF in some athletic administrative capacity, maybe to do with fundraising.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Art Briles knows what brings all the boys to the yard.

He sure does

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

There you go again tell me not to be "so upset" when I am not upset-- Stop that. It is a BS tactic.

Also-- you assume that you know what I know. You regurgitated the article that is in this same thread earlier that I have read and -- not just the title of the article. That article was written at the end of November last year to tell USF fans the buyout was not just the 20 weeks or whatever many assumed it was-- but for the remaining years of the contract at 500K per year. This number has been discussed in this thread and the generally accepted amount for his buyout is 1.5 million.

My point in posting the FSU and then subsequently other coaches buyout amounts was to show how small in comparison that expense would be to what other schools might face. I do not give a rats arse if they all die of dysentery or win the national championship. Their teams success/failure has absolutely ZERO to do with what I posted.

I have restated this multiple times and multiple times you reply "aww-- don't get so upset" (paraphrasing). That is real cute but is not engaging in the discussion the thread is about -- and I mean what the thread was about at the point when I posted the information you got so upset about. 

oh ok as long as we are going with the generally accepted amount I say we make it $12........

that article was linked just this week by Joey Knight to let USF fans know to cool their jets because his buyout is more than we think.

Edited by Bull94

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

again no need to get so upset. you don't know what Strong's buyout is compared to Taggart.

In response to the request, the school indicated other buyout terms are included in an agreement between Strong and the USF Foundation, the school's private fundraising arm. As a direct-support organization, USF Foundation records are confidential and exempt from disclosure under Florida law.

But it is believed Strong's buyout amount in that agreement is considerable.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/11/29/sorry-charlie-critics-strongs-usf-buyout-bigger-than-presumed/

17 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

oh ok as long as we are going with the generally accepted amount I say we make it $12........

that article was linked just this week by Joey Knight to let USF fans know to cool their jets because his buyout is more than we think.

The link you mentioned was posted by Joey Knight but check the date on it You don't even have to open the link -- 2018/11/29 -- but if you do bother to open it, the date is the same on the byline. Based on your response-- I'm starting to wonder if you ever read the article.

That information has been talked about for a while. I'm sure there are other older threads - feel free to look them up if you want.

Edited by MikeG

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, MikeG said:

The link you mentioned was posted by Joey Knight but check the date on it You don't even have to open the link -- 2018/11/29 -- but if you do bother to open it, the date is the same on the byline. Based on your response-- I'm starting to wonder if you ever read the article.

That information has been talked about for a while. I'm sure there are other older threads - feel free to look them up if you want.

yes I understand when the article was written. The fact that joey Knight linked it in this article from 8/31/2019 means it's still relevant. nobody knows the amount of the buyout. it's not public knowledge. not even the yahoos on a message board that you claim as your source know. are you one of those who gets their news from a trusted source like facebook?

“It really will be a character check for us in the next few weeks, but I really do think this team has (character),” said Strong, who had been fired on social media by halftime Friday, but in reality isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/08/31/in-wake-of-wisconsin-loss-usf-needs-its-veteran-presence-more-than-ever/

Edited by Bull94

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yes I understand when the article was written. The fact that joey Knight linked it in this article from 8/31/2019 means it's still relevant. nobody knows the amount of the buyout. it's not public knowledge. not even the yahoos on a message board that you claim as your source know. are you one of those who gets their news from a trusted source like facebook?

“It really will be a character check for us in the next few weeks, but I really do think this team has (character),” said Strong, who had been fired on social media by halftime Friday, but in reality isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/08/31/in-wake-of-wisconsin-loss-usf-needs-its-veteran-presence-more-than-ever/

USF will be just fine. 1 game into his 3rd year and they look worse than ever.