• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Leavitt Should Never be Rehired by USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

The Great Flood is a nearly universally accepted event, so other than the problem of the ark that he built, I don't think it was Noah's problem.  I think you'd have to go further back than that.  

I know you're not telling me I can't blame Noah for xCJL's lack of head coaching job.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He was a good creator not sure he is the guy to take teams to the next level. 

I doubt you can base that on anything other than feeling. He had a brand new football program only 4 years into a big time conference, and his 5th year he lost Grothe, but actually had a solidly recruited back up to still finish respectable with a win over FSU. Again, for the people who aren't satisfied with that, I hope they are happy, because they ruined the program. 

And for the record, Skip Holtz did great at ECU and is doing great at La Tech. So obviously it wasn't easy getting a brand new school to compete at the level Jim Leavitt had us at

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I know you're not telling me I can't blame Noah for xCJL's lack of head coaching job.

You can do whatever you want, no matter how misguided.  I can't stop you.

P.S. It was Japheth.  The youngest kid always got away with everything.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, HornHead said:

I doubt you can base that on anything other than feeling. He had a brand new football program only 4 years into a big time conference, and his 5th year he lost Grothe, but actually had a solidly recruited back up to still finish respectable with a win over FSU. Again, for the people who aren't satisfied with that, I hope they are happy, because they ruined the program. 

And for the record, Skip Holtz did great at ECU and is doing great at La Tech. So obviously it wasn't easy getting a brand new school to compete at the level Jim Leavitt had us at

I can base it on the fact he was here and we did not win a conference championship. In the end he had problems recruiting depth and we would always die in November. There are many, many better options than CJL at this point. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I can base it on the fact he was here and we did not win a conference championship. In the end he had problems recruiting depth and we would always die in November. There are many, many better options than CJL at this point. 

As they say on the field.

Scoreboard!!

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah, just about as much as Dino Babers should be fired for not bringing home that ACC championship to Syracuse.... not. 

Michigan hasn't won a championship in awhile either, I'm guessing you think they should fire Jim Harbaugh too? 

Edited by HornHead

1 hour ago, HornHead said:

Yeah, just about as much as Dino Babers should be fired for not bringing home that ACC championship to Syracuse.... not. 

Michigan hasn't won a championship in awhile either, I'm guessing you think they should fire Jim Harbaugh too? 

Seriously you are comparing Harbaugh to Jim Leavitt? Further, those guys play at a higher level than the BE did so yes they will get more time. Last, there are plenty of Michigan fans who wanted Harbaugh gone if he did not deliver this year. Regardless, your wanting of Jimbo to come back to USF is NEVER going to happen so the conversation is moot anyway...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Seriously you are comparing Harbaugh to Jim Leavitt? Further, those guys play at a higher level than the BE did so yes they will get more time. Last, there are plenty of Michigan fans who wanted Harbaugh gone if he did not deliver this year. Regardless, your wanting of Jimbo to come back to USF is NEVER going to happen so the conversation is moot anyway...

The Big Ten is only seen as better than the old Big East BECAUSE of Ohio State and Michigan though. So you would think the coach of the major school in the conference would do well. Anyway, clearly you don't like him. Is it because of slap gate? 

Edited by HornHead

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

The date after a break up never works....

What a bunch of rubbish, you can't compare any other coach to CJL, because CJL is not just any other coach.

4 hours ago, HornHead said:

The Big Ten is only seen as better than the old Big East BECAUSE of Ohio State and Michigan though. So you would think the coach of the major school in the conference would do well. Anyway, clearly you don't like him. Is it because of slap gate? 

I actually have no problem with Jim regardless how he left here. But IMO he is yesterday’s news and there are dozens of coaches who should get consideration over him if we ever move a different direction.