• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Leavitt Should Never be Rehired by USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Really because the other 49 don’t teach intelligent design! So who has the problem?

Noah?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

Just citing the records of CJL's teams is completely ignoring the context of how he built this program. I don't know how anybody expected Big East championships after just a few seasons of playing football. CJL is the best coach USF has ever had, followed by CWT. And yes, we should jump at the opportunity to rehire him if we were serious about winning, but I understand that won't happen. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Leavitt won't ever return here unless we invite him to open our brand new OCS by honoring his contributions to the program. He won't ever coach here again

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, HornHead said:

Just citing the records of CJL's teams is completely ignoring the context of how he built this program. I don't know how anybody expected Big East championships after just a few seasons of playing football. CJL is the best coach USF has ever had, followed by CWT. And yes, we should jump at the opportunity to rehire him if we were serious about winning, but I understand that won't happen. 

What exactly did they win?

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

What exactly did they win?

A lot of games that an ordinary coach wouldn't have

Just now, HornHead said:

A lot of games that an ordinary coach wouldn't have

No championships...at the end many people were pissed he was here. Most romanticize his time here.  

• Haha 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

No championships...at the end many people were pissed he was here. Most romanticize his time here.  

Considering our jumps in competition every few years and how young the program is, that is a very unrealistic expectation. If you told me Team A formed in 1997 and ascended all the way to one of the top leagues in the country and had the track record we did, I'd be shocked and wow'd. People who criticize him don't realize how hard that is to build a brand, and bring in recruits who don't even recognize you as a big name school yet. He put us on the map and did that. Asking for a Big East championship after what he was doing is being a spoiled baby. We can't afford a coach who accomplished what he did one or two speed bump years? it has to be every year that he improves?  

Don't forget the year that Matt Grothe tore his ACL was our best shot. Maybe we are having a whole different discussion if that doesn't happen. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Noah?

The Great Flood is a nearly universally accepted event, so other than the problem of the ark that he built, I don't think it was Noah's problem.  I think you'd have to go further back than that.  

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, HornHead said:

Considering our jumps in competition every few years and how young the program is, that is a very unrealistic expectation. If you told me Team A formed in 1997 and ascended all the way to one of the top leagues in the country and had the track record we did, I'd be shocked and wow'd. People who criticize him don't realize how hard that is to build a brand, and bring in recruits who don't even recognize you as a big name school yet. He put us on the map and did that. Asking for a Big East championship after what he was doing is being a spoiled baby. We can't afford a coach who accomplished what he did one or two speed bump years? it has to be every year that he improves?  

He was a good creator not sure he is the guy to take teams to the next level.