• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What should AD MK do?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

This football season has all the intricacies of a Harvard Business Review Case Study

Let me layout a few key points.

1. UCF is winning

2. USF football's season is in a death spiral, that brings back the memories of the Leavitt days with fear of going back to the Holtz error. (Error is not a typo for era).

3. More money is needed for an indoor practice facility and you are in the midst of soliciting donations 

4. A new president will be named by Spring of 2019. So it is important to make sure as an AD all your ducks are in a row

5. With money needed for an indoor practice facility, is the really money available to part ways with a high profile bargain priced head coach

6. Reallignment is coming and USF football was a dumpster fire at the time. That sure can't happen again.

7. Finally got more butts in seats this year and maintaining momentum in a metro city is tough. Ask the University of Miami.

8. All the other sports  teams are on the uptick. But the cash cow is sucking wind at the moment

9. Did I mention UCF is winning

If you were AD MK what would you do?  #WWMKD

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1. CCS isn’t a “bargain priced HC” beginning in 2019. 

2. Do whatever it takes to get Ryan Day in Green & Gold

If he says no? Call Jeff Scott

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

This football season has all the intricacies of a Harvard Business Review Case Study

Let me layout a few key points.

1. UCF is winning

2. USF football's season is in a death spiral, that brings back the memories of the Leavitt days with fear of going back to the Holtz error. (Error is not a typo for era).

3. More money is needed for an indoor practice facility and you are in the midst of soliciting donations 

4. A new president will be named by Spring of 2019. So it is important to make sure as an AD all your ducks are in a row

5. With money needed for an indoor practice facility, is the really money available to part ways with a high profile bargain priced head coach

6. Reallignment is coming and USF football was a dumpster fire at the time. That sure can't happen again.

7. Finally got more butts in seats this year and maintaining momentum in a metro city is tough. Ask the University of Miami.

8. All the other sports  teams are on the uptick. But the cash cow is sucking wind at the moment

9. Did I mention UCF is winning

If you were AD MK what would you do?  #WWMKD

Watch me some USF men’s basketball on Monday night 😎

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1) get a pez dispenser  

2) fill it with Xanax bars 

3) pop Xanax bars like actual pez from Sept to January 

4) use scotch to wash down the Xanax

5) forget we have a football program 

6) repeat for as many years as you can

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

There is more wrong with this season than just the coaching staff. That said I think Strong is a good coach and can win. We knew this year was going to be a step back with losing some key players. We were hopeful some talent would mature faster. Injuries and a beat up team aren't helping.

That said I think there is pressure to either replace the OC or change offensive Scheme. I think the fans, and NCAA football in general enjoys the shootout style games and we need a fast high scoring offense to do so. We need to aggressively pursue recruits and transfers to fix our linemen issues, which also can be fixed with the weight room and more time. 

I think this staff can succeed but is too stubborn to get creative, that may be our OC's downfall  especially after we finish the season without winning any more games.  Charlie will have to choose very carefully as if next year there isn't improvement it may be his turn. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

There is more wrong with this season than just the coaching staff. That said I think Strong is a good coach and can win. We knew this year was going to be a step back with losing some key players. We were hopeful some talent would mature faster. Injuries and a beat up team aren't helping.

That said I think there is pressure to either replace the OC or change offensive Scheme. I think the fans, and NCAA football in general enjoys the shootout style games and we need a fast high scoring offense to do so. We need to aggressively pursue recruits and transfers to fix our linemen issues, which also can be fixed with the weight room and more time. 

I think this staff can succeed but is too stubborn to get creative, that may be our OC's downfall  especially after we finish the season without winning any more games.  Charlie will have to choose very carefully as if next year there isn't improvement it may be his turn. 

This about nails it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

24 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

I think you have good points. Honestly I hope you are right. I just think that Strong won’t change though. He is bound to Gilbert (look at his history) and it will be his downfall. It’s why I think he needs to go now. 

Edited by Hueyhog20

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

I think you have good points. Honestly I hope you are right. I just think that Strong won’t change though. He is bound to Gilbert (look at his history) and it will be his downfall. It’s why I think he needs to go now. 

Idk but the Texas Charlie Strong angel won’t be lonely for long if his performance doesn’t pick up

NbNPS7eT_400x400.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

4 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

After his second season, Willie Taggart changed his offensive scheme to the GCO Let's hope Strong picks up from lessons learned. I agree there is an under utilization of talent and creativity in this offensive scheme.  

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, IBulleve said:

1. CCS isn’t a “bargain priced HC” beginning in 2019. 

2. Do whatever it takes to get Ryan Day in Green & Gold

If he says no? Call Jeff Scott

who are these guys?