• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Simulating Cincinnati vs. USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,632
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I always laugh at weather and southern teams excuse. Trust me just because one lives up north does not mean they are used to it. Especially early in the season. Cincy players will not be happy playing in the cold either. 

If you've ever lived up north for a period of time, you can walk across an icy parking lot without slipping and falling on your butt.  Someone who comes up and is not used to that will fall or at least have a lot more difficulty doing it.

I know we're not talking about icy conditions for this game, but you won't ever convince me that there's not at least a slight advantage to the home team (with a lot of seniors) in that situation.  Maybe the ball is a little more stiff in the cold, maybe the ground is a little more firm, things that teams who play in those conditions do get more used to and adapt accordingly.

But the cold will not be the reason we lose this game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

didn't someone on here use to run simulated games using EA sports video games (sorry if this is exactly what the article is saying) ?

Not sure if that is possible anymore since I am not up on what is going on with video games in general.

But remembering back to those threads-- it was entertaining and included some cool screen shots.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

If you've ever lived up north for a period of time, you can walk across an icy parking lot without slipping and falling on your butt.  Someone who comes up and is not used to that will fall or at least have a lot more difficulty doing it.

I know we're not talking about icy conditions for this game, but you won't ever convince me that there's not at least a slight advantage to the home team (with a lot of seniors) in that situation.  Maybe the ball is a little more stiff in the cold, maybe the ground is a little more firm, things that teams who play in those conditions do get more used to and adapt accordingly.

I totally disagree. This is the first serious cold snap they have had there. The Cincy players are going to be just as cold as we are. I’ve lived in NewEngland for 25 years now and I can guarantee you I would be just as cold as you when the first frost of the season hits. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I totally disagree. This is the first serious cold snap they have had there. The Cincy players are going to be just as cold as we are. I’ve lived in NewEngland for 25 years now and I can guarantee you I would be just as cold as you when the first frost of the season hits. 

But they have had at least a few days to practice in it, right?

43 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

But they have had at least a few days to practice in it, right?

Nope. It has been decent weather over the past days. This is a system coming in today. Of course we can still fumble the ball and drop passes but we did that in the heat too.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Did the guys practice in a freezer? That's what needs to be simulated. Can't imagine practicing here in 85° weather, going up there and playing in 35° weather. Coming back to Tampa, practicing in temps in the mid 70's and then back to Philly and 30's.

Projected to be 30 at kickoff up here, dropping to 26 by game's end. I agree with NEB, to a point, about being the same for players on both teams but I'm guessing all but maybe some of the freshmen with UC have at least been exposed, pun intended, to moving around in sub freezing weather while I have to think that a huge majority of our players have no clue what it feels like (unless I'm forgetting that we've played in that type weather the last couple of years) .... it's going to be a shock to their system .... systems already shocked by last weekend.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Feeling cold wasn’t the main point I was making. It was experience playing in it and how it changes the feel of the ball and traction of the turf.  Hell, even moving with more layers of clothing on.

Yes - they’re all human so they feel just as cold, but you can’t tell me there’s not even the slightest advantage that goes to the team with experience. 

16 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Feeling cold wasn’t the main point I was making. It was experience playing in it and how it changes the feel of the ball and traction of the turf.  Hell, even moving with more layers of clothing on.

Yes - they’re all human so they feel just as cold, but you can’t tell me there’s not even the slightest advantage that goes to the team with experience. 

No there is an advantage but it’s not as great as you are thinking. I saw BJ Daniels kick Uconn all over the field six year ago in a blinding snow storm ( only to see the D crap the bed...again). I’ve seen Miami beat teams in the north back in their BE days. Again, if we lose it’s because Cincy has better players/coaches. 

20 hours ago, Boomer said:

10 hours ago, Boomer said:

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No there is an advantage but it’s not as great as you are thinking. I saw BJ Daniels kick Uconn all over the field six year ago in a blinding snow storm ( only to see the D crap the bed...again). I’ve seen Miami beat teams in the north back in their BE days. Again, if we lose it’s because Cincy has better players/coaches. 

C’mon NewEngland, I was arguing for a SLIGHT advantage..

I think we agree.

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

C’mon NewEngland, I was arguing for a SLIGHT advantage..

I think we agree.

Ok, sorry man...we are good. 🤘