• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Stadium Takeover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Other than making you happy, what do you think an on campus stadium will accomplish?

If OCSs are so meaningless why do Universities continue to build them? Why was it one of the very first things CCS mentioned at his initial press conference?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Ask UCF. It will establish pride and excitement on campus with the fan base that we are trying to cultivate....the students..

You don't think winning did that?  I went to their OCS a few years ago when they were losing.  It was empty, there was no pride or excitement.  Winning changed that, not the OCS

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

If OCSs are so meaningless why do Universities continue to build them? Why was it one of the very first things CCS mentioned at his initial press conference?

That's not what I asked.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, SpeedBull said:

Some people arent content with a boring game day experience.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

The argument about not building an OCS because of the lack of money, is about as short sighted as when Blockbuster turned down the chance to buy Netflix for $50 million.

If your administration wasn't so inept to see the overwhelming value building a college football atmosphere brings; they could easily start a campaign to get the City of Tampa involved, build hype around what the stadium would do for your program and reel in boosters. Where there is a will, there is a way. Instead, they don't see the immediate benefit just like Blockbuster didn't; and are letting the disparity between our schools widen each year. 

I don't know the inner workings, but I would hope the focus has been on other areas of education and improving the University.  With Judy leaving, maybe that direction will change.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146

8 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

And where does that get you?  At the best, a #9 ranking and another unmotivated team to play on New Years?    Face it, no one cares about the conference or that you are better than an average team, except your fans.  But hey, our trophy case is empty so what do I know.

Wow... with an an attitude like this, why not just drop down to FCS? An unmotivated team on New Years? Honestly, you could use that same excuse any time someone is favored to win, loses. You don't get to that level of competition where you are playing in a New Years 6 bowl and decide to embarrass yourself on national television. People like you are the same that just hope to be at the right place at the right time (ala Vanderbilt, Kansas, Wake Forest et al) or wish they would win the lottery without actually playing.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

It was trying to take our eyes off of his defense?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486

5 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Wow... with an an attitude like this, why not just drop down to FCS? An unmotivated team on New Years? Honestly, you could use that same excuse any time someone is favored to win, loses. You don't get to that level of competition where you are playing in a New Years 6 bowl and decide to embarrass yourself on national television. People like you are the same that just hope to be at the right place at the right time (ala Vanderbilt, Kansas, Wake Forest et al) or wish they would win the lottery without actually playing.

I forgot the sarcasm thing.  That was the excuse they threw out last year when you beat Auburn.   I just meant at the end of the day, they will screw you no matter if you win or lose because of the conference.  P5 teams get props for quality losses, what a joke, but the other way around and they were unmotivated. 

2 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Apis, don’t listen to them man.   I go to UCF.  The OCS thing was all a sham.  We had better game days in the Citrus Bowl.  

Stay true to yourself brother.

This guy gets it.  😉  But you have to admit winning filled it.  Mediocre season and it was half full.

Edited by bullstampede9922

5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

You don't think winning did that?  I went to their OCS a few years ago when they were losing.  It was empty, there was no pride or excitement.  Winning changed that, not the OCS

That's not what I asked.

On the flip-side, you guys were undefeated till recently and still managed to have predominantly empty stadiums. Winning is not the only factor in play. Even with the 0-12 season, we on average have by far more per game than usf over the last several years.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Apis, don’t listen to them man.   I go to UCF.  The OCS thing was all a sham.  We had better game days in the Citrus Bowl.  

Stay true to yourself brother.

I know what you're doing, but the Citrus Bowl was a dump and you had to build an OCS because they were renovating and you had no other place to play.

I've been to Ray Jay when we were winning and it was a great game day experience.

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

On the flip-side, you guys were undefeated till recently and still managed to have predominantly empty stadiums. Winning is not the only factor in play. Even with the 0-12 season, we on average have by far more per game than usf over the last several years.

This **** is tiring.  Do you understand the difference between announced and actual attendance?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I know what you're doing, but the Citrus Bowl was a dump and you had to build an OCS because they were renovating and you had no other place to play.

I've been to Ray Jay when we were winning and it was a great game day experience.

This **** is tiring.  Do you understand the difference between announced and actual attendance?

Yeah, I do. usf pads their announced stats by a minimum of 30% above actual attendance. Even with your "announced" attendance, you still get beat by UCF's actual attendance. If you honestly believe for a split second, usf is pulling in more fans into Ray Jay than ucf fans into the bounce house, then you are even more crazy than I thought.

Edited by Meeps