• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Stadium Takeover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Where TF do you think they can get the money to do it?  Don't you think if the money was there they would build a stadium?  

Again, it’s not my problem to figure it out. I own my own business. I figure out how to get what I need to win.

Ask the UCF fans how they got a stadium built, how about FAU? How about nearly every other school in the country.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Where TF do you think they can get the money to do it?  Don't you think if the money was there they would build a stadium?  

Maybe they should check the seat cushions for the $250 million

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Maybe they should check the seat cushions for the $250 million

We were in Houston's stadium last week.  If that is what $150 million + inflation gets you.......   It was an okay stadium. They did a decent job on restrooms, as far as numbers, but concession lines were all over the concourse blocking people from walking.  A scoreboard (full size) on only one end of the stadium.  Like I said, it was okay.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

When Louisville was #6 in the nation (at the time) in AAC (along with your team) and then finished the season at 12-1, their lone loss (at home no less) was to UCF, who ran thru the conf undefeated (lone loss that year was to #4 South Carolina by 3 pts) and finished the season #10 after beating Big 12 Champion Baylor.

UCF has been a conf member for 5 plus years with the bulls and UCF has 3 conf titles...while the bulls have yet to even win a divisional title....which should be so easy to do right? Especially since this was an inferior conf and you came over from a powerful BCS Conf.

And where does that get you?  At the best, a #9 ranking and another unmotivated team to play on New Years?    Face it, no one cares about the conference or that you are better than an average team, except your fans.  But hey, our trophy case is empty so what do I know.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

We were in Houston's stadium last week.  If that is what $150 million + inflation gets you.......   It was an okay stadium. They did a decent job on restrooms, as far as numbers, but concession lines were all over the concourse blocking people from walking.  A scoreboard (full size) on only one end of the stadium.  Like I said, it was okay.

I will happy with OK on campus.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, SpeedBull said:

I will happy with OK on campus.

Other than making you happy, what do you think an on campus stadium will accomplish?

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

People forget Doak Campbell looked like a high school stadium in the late 80s early 90s.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146

The argument about not building an OCS because of the lack of money, is about as short sighted as when Blockbuster turned down the chance to buy Netflix for $50 million.

If your administration wasn't so inept to see the overwhelming value building a college football atmosphere brings; they could easily start a campaign to get the City of Tampa involved, build hype around what the stadium would do for your program and reel in boosters. Where there is a will, there is a way. Instead, they don't see the immediate benefit just like Blockbuster didn't; and are letting the disparity between our schools widen each year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Other than making you happy, what do you think an on campus stadium will accomplish?

Ask UCF. It will establish pride and excitement on campus with the fan base that we are trying to cultivate....the students..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

No more OCS threads???

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1