• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Stadium Takeover

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am stating that our fans that cheer for their success are going against our self interest and pointing out that if something is an inherent good then it there should be a desire for it to continue long into the future. UCF being on a 20 game winning streak could not be further from a good for our program than receiving the death penalty from the NCAA. Should they continue to win as some on here cheer for and we beat them on Black Friday then they go to the conference championship and we get to go to lawnmower bowl, or whatever its called, so I don't think that is horribly beneficial to our program. We should want to be capping off 0-12 seasons for them every single year.  Yes 5 years was arbitrary but it was a nice round number to illustrate my point that them winning every week is horrible for us as we compete directly with them for scarce resources. The picture is why I figured you were encouraging my behavior because she seems like a very nice lady with a nice personality. 

TL/WIHNR (wish I had not read)

try using a paragraph or perhaps boil it down to a simple thought.

Your previous post was unclear and that is what I pointed out. They would need to beat us four more games in a row to reach 5 in a row and it does not illustrate anything in my mind. I don't give a sheet about UCF and feel making posts like this is hypocritical of you in the first place. You are only drawing even more attention to them and whatever they are doing while at the same time telling people to stop rooting for them. Both are wrong. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

44 minutes ago, MikeG said:

TL/WIHNR (wish I had not read)

try using a paragraph or perhaps boil it down to a simple thought.

Your previous post was unclear and that is what I pointed out. They would need to beat us four more games in a row to reach 5 in a row and it does not illustrate anything in my mind. I don't give a sheet about UCF and feel making posts like this is hypocritical of you in the first place. You are only drawing even more attention to them and whatever they are doing while at the same time telling people to stop rooting for them. Both are wrong. 

Sorry. I do not know how much attention my occasional message board musings draws to them in comparison to their streak and media attention but I do think there is a difference between noting something and actively cheering for it to happen. Maybe I am wrong but probably not. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/4/2018 at 12:16 PM, bullstampede9922 said:

No more OCS threads???

Yes.  Also, if somehow, someway, USF was to also be invited to a Pee Five conference, we may as well shut down the site!

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am stating that our fans that cheer for their success are going against our self interest and pointing out that if something is an inherent good then it there should be a desire for it to continue long into the future. UCF being on a 20 game winning streak could not be further from a good for our program than receiving the death penalty from the NCAA. Should they continue to win as some on here cheer for and we beat them on Black Friday then they go to the conference championship and we get to go to lawnmower bowl, or whatever its called, so I don't think that is horribly beneficial to our program. We should want to be capping off 0-12 seasons for them every single year.  Yes 5 years was arbitrary but it was a nice round number to illustrate my point that them winning every week is horrible for us as we compete directly with them for scarce resources. The picture is why I figured you were encouraging my behavior because she seems like a very nice lady with a nice personality. 

Pointing out the absurd bias and shenanigans in the polls and in ESECPN's and the media's casting of aspersions about UCFs' success is different than cheering for those miscreants. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

36 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Pointing out the absurd bias and shenanigans in the polls and in ESECPN's and the media's casting of aspersions about UCFs' success is different than cheering for those miscreants. 

There are people on this board that have stated we should root for them to win

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

There are people on this board that have stated we should root for them to win

I was distancing myself from that while clarifying a position in which I am sure I am not alone.   I wanted Temple to win.  I think a team with a target on their head like UCF should be given credit for beating a physical team like Temple by 2 TDs as Temple arguably played their best game. 

For more clarification, I think we all need to quit looking up at the polls and worry more about who is closing in on UCF.  Early on, the pundits pushed Boise St for the NY6 game even though we were in September.  Then it was San Diego St.  It was no accident that later ol Herbie pushed Utah St, Fresno St. and (oy!) Appalachian St. as more worthy than UCF or any AAC team.  Do not look now but Utah St. with their "quality loss" to Michigan St. is looking to overtake UCF who is stagnant in the polls.  Why are they doing this?  It is clear and simple.  While UCF or any other potential AAC champion can play with and potentially defeat their Pee FIve opponent in the NY6 game, it is more than likely a Mountain West or Sun Belt team would get pounded.  That is what they want, the Gee Five kept in their place. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

For more clarification, I think we all need to quit looking up at the polls and worry more about who is closing in on UCF.

Hopefully whoever it is, catches and passes them ....... with our help.

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully whoever it is, catches and passes them ....... with our help.

The team that wins the AAC should get that spot.  I saw there is an outside (though unlikely) shot for USF still. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I was told that Ray Jay has opened the upper deck for ticket sales for the first time this year.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys long time board member...but a Cuse fan primarily

I'm looking for two tickets for the UCF/USF game.  I'll be rooting for the Bulls (I have never liked UCF and it goes back to the late 90's).  Any suggestions where to find some decently priced tickets?