• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Stadium Takeover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  802
  • Days Won:  1

If you sell your tix to a ucf fan you should be slapped. My brother in law is ucf alum and lives in NC. Dude is here for Thanksgiving and i wont take him to the game. I see the guy maybe twice a year. I refuse to be a part of their nonsense in our stadium.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Yep, bought 5 USF, season tickets Club seats. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

43 minutes ago, LatinKnight83 said:

So let's put some context into this event. First of all this was the 0-12 season. So by this point the team was 0-11, the players, the interim coach, assistants and fans had checked out for the year. Secondly and most important, the game was actually played ON Thanksgiving, not black Friday.  O'Leary (acting AD) had accepted a change in schedule by ESPN at the beginning of the season, the fans were furious. Thus as you can see the combination of these two events caused the low to non existant UCF attendance.  You guys are already abandoning (the pirate) ship after two losses, we had a winless one. The other two Black Friday games have been well attended by both UCF fans and the visiting Bulls.

You just proved my point.  An OCS doesn't fix everything as some on here believe.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

I find it odd that there are people who seem to seriously believe that it is not a good idea to get an OCS.  I thought it was sarcasm or facetiousness directed at the administration for dragging their feet, wow.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

I find it odd that there are people who seem to seriously believe that it is not a good idea to get an OCS.  I thought it was sarcasm or facetiousness directed at the administration for dragging their feet, wow.  

You never took me up on my offer to help you change your name, I thought you wished you could change it?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

I will be coming back from a week in northeastern Georgia. I am seriously considering not attending the game at all. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213

11 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

Ok...but here is the live camera feed of your current Divisional and Conf Championship Trophy Case

usf empty trophy case.jpg

How much of a loser to you have to be to make over 2200 posts on another school's message board?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

You just proved my point.  An OCS doesn't fix everything as some on here believe.

Not sure if sarcastic, but if not I guess you are right. An OCS should be enough to bring out people during a winless season and playing on Thanksgiving Day. I mean those things happen all the time, right??

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

11 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

6 hours ago, LatinKnight83 said:

Not sure if sarcastic, but if not I guess you are right. An OCS should be enough to bring out people during a winless season and playing on Thanksgiving Day. I mean those things happen all the time, right??

This has been discussed ad nauseam on this board.  Almost everyone on here wants an OCS.  However, there are some that believe we need an OCS to:  increase attendance, help with recruiting, etc.  There is enough evidence out there that shows, that unless you are a college blueblood, winning (and now winning convincingly apparently), is the main driver for those issues.

I used the Thanksgiving game as an example of the difference between announced attendance and actual because I was there.  It was an extreme example of lack of attendance, but UCF has had their attendance issues as well, even last year.  Now that they are on a 21 game winning streak, everyone wants to be part of it.  That would still be the case if they were still playing in the Citrus Bowl, especially now that it's been renovated.