• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad
Sign in to follow this  
Bullumni

Playing to the level of the competition?

Someone had tweeted a question to JK earlier this week about how USF seems to be playing to the level of our competition.  He said he does not believe this is an actual thing.

So my question is does anyone else seem to think that this is a possible thing, and that sometimes teams or players seem to take it easier for games they know they can beat and thus the games seem to be a lot closer if they were just a little more "into" it? 

I know in the sports that I play once in a while my teams seem to under perform against inferior teams, however not often.

I’ve been saying that all season. With young teams it happens, but as they mature and become consistent we will level off. This team can turn it on, but doesn’t know how to keep it on yet. I think this game we will be fired up and we’ll run on adrenaline all game long

5 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

Someone had tweeted a question to JK earlier this week about how USF seems to be playing to the level of our competition.  He said he does not believe this is an actual thing.

So my question is does anyone else seem to think that this is a possible thing, and that sometimes teams or players seem to take it easier for games they know they can beat and thus the games seem to be a lot closer if they were just a little more "into" it? 

I know in the sports that I play once in a while my teams seem to under perform against inferior teams, however not often.

I believe you've misinterpreted JK's response. What he said was; "He didn't know because they haven't been covering the Bulls this year."

Edited by Azmodi
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I believe you've misinterpreted JK's response. What he said was; "He didn't know because they haven't been covering the Bulls this year."

Is that what’s different about this season? I hadn’t noticed