OL Christion Gainer Go Fund Me

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s just an interesting market differentiator for the money schools and the NCAA tries to avoid those for student athletes, at FSU you can get over $107k at USF not so much.

I agree, but it is the type of aid/donation that would be really hard to abuse and likely one that a player isn't considering when deciding between two schools. 

Members do not see this ad, Register
15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I agree, but it is the type of aid/donation that would be really hard to abuse and likely one that a player isn't considering when deciding between two schools. 

Yes I suppose there are other more glaring reasons to choose a school. I just find it interestingly inconsistent for the NCAA but I guess tragedy tends to evoke more emotional responses that can go against typical procedure.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes I suppose there are other more glaring reasons to choose a school. I just find it interestingly inconsistent for the NCAA but I guess tragedy tends to evoke more emotional responses that can go against typical procedure.

Purely a PR-based decision to allow this by the NCAA. They don't give a rat's ass about the student-athlete's situation, but they can't afford the negative publicity if an athlete needs help with medical bills due to cancer or they lose everything they own in a natural disaster. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Purely a PR-based decision to allow this by the NCAA. They don't give a rat's ass about the student-athlete's situation, but they can't afford the negative publicity if an athlete needs help with medical bills due to cancer or they lose everything they own in a natural disaster. 

Altruism isn’t a real thing 😱