• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Did CCS Have a Point About the Uniforms?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 minutes ago, michibull said:

Soooooooooooooo, you are trying to compare military uniforms to football uniforms? Please, please tell me this is not real. One pays homage to fallen soldiers and to honor the country for which it fights for, the other is a fashion statement. 🙄

Not at all. A statement was made that caring about your uniform is a sign of feminization. I could list any number of professions and/or organizations that care about their uniforms.

We just happen to be talking football and I vividly remember my dad lecturing me about his uniform as a kid.

And every morning when my kids get dressed for school in their uniforms, we give it once over, make sure both of them have their belts, shirts tucked in, etc. ready to go per school code, it never occurred to me I was "feminizing" them by taking the time to care about their appearance. 

I get that this needs to be a thing for some of you, but is caring about what you look like in your school uniform, football uniform, or janitor's uniform really a sign that you're less of a man or that America is failing?

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

46 minutes ago, michibull said:

Soooooooooooooo, you are trying to compare military uniforms to football uniforms? Please, please tell me this is not real. One pays homage to fallen soldiers and to honor the country for which it fights for, the other is a fashion statement. 🙄

It was suggested that caring about the uniforms is a form of feminization.  That has got to be the stupidest thing I have read on this forum in a long time.  

As pointed out, plenty of "manly men" care about those kinds of things, including the military.  When I served the color of your beret implied how elite you were.  

You can't say on one hand that being concerned about uniforms is feminine for a man and not include any male who wears and cares about the look of his uniform.  We used to debate with the Marines who's class A's looked better (even though I was in the Army I agreed with them).

I would say that caring for the look of your uniform is pretty **** manly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Ah the ole 'switch a roo' quip that ignores what I said...I guess I'll say "har har" in response.  Thing is I never said the coaches weren't winning games or couldn't. 

What I *was* saying was that if Strong thinks one reason we didn't have a complete game is because 'the kids were wearing new uniforms', then it shows he is focused on addressing the wrong (non-existent) problems this team has.

I got what you were saying and answered accordingly.  

I find it hilarious that CCS  has to come up with any excuses at all.  We are not playing great due to youth or distractions or whatever.  It happens. 

I recall the team under Leavitt getting distracted by rankings and losing focus during the Rutgers game.  We got distracted by the bowl activities under Leavitt and Taggart and losing. 

These are young kids and a young team overall and they get distracted by things.  The import thing is they are winning.  Hopefully it will last.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

I think I'll go with Jupe on this rather than all the Hysterical Henriettas pontificating about CCS about making excuses ....

19 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I watched the interview.  He wasn't making it an excuse.  He made a comment about not being focused, and I think the uniforms was an example of distractions.  That said, it was surely a temp thing, as the players came out jacked up AND the fans went nuts.  But once the kick off occurs, the players surely dial into the task at hand.

They looked like the same team we've seen all year.  They could wear Bama uniforms, and nothing would change.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  943
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

Not at all. A statement was made that caring about your uniform is a sign of feminization. I could list any number of professions and/or organizations that care about their uniforms.

We just happen to be talking football and I vividly remember my dad lecturing me about his uniform as a kid.

And every morning when my kids get dressed for school in their uniforms, we give it once over, make sure both of them have their belts, shirts tucked in, etc. ready to go per school code, it never occurred to me I was "feminizing" them by taking the time to care about their appearance. 

I get that this needs to be a thing for some of you, but is caring about what you look like in your school uniform, football uniform, or janitor's uniform really a sign that you're less of a man or that America is failing?

2 hours ago, MMW said:

It was suggested that caring about the uniforms is a form of feminization.  That has got to be the stupidest thing I have read on this forum in a long time.  

As pointed out, plenty of "manly men" care about those kinds of things, including the military.  When I served the color of your beret implied how elite you were.  

You can't say on one hand that being concerned about uniforms is feminine for a man and not include any male who wears and cares about the look of his uniform.  We used to debate with the Marines who's class A's looked better (even though I was in the Army I agreed with them).

I would say that caring for the look of your uniform is pretty **** manly.

Fair enough, I understand your point. I for one was not arguing the feminization point. I was just trying to explain what Bausfkid was saying. I can agree that you want to look good and respectable, but I would still disagree with comparing a sports fashion uniform to an actual uniform that means distinction or honor. There is so much more meaning to it. The color of a beret means something, something you earned and demands respect from everyone, black and lime green football uniforms mean nothing. 

10 minutes ago, michibull said:

Fair enough, I understand your point. I for one was not arguing the feminization point. I was just trying to explain what Bausfkid was saying. I can agree that you want to look good and respectable, but I would still disagree with comparing a sports fashion uniform to an actual uniform that means distinction or honor. There is so much more meaning to it. The color of a beret means something, something you earned and demands respect from everyone, black and lime green football uniforms mean nothing. 

Fair enough.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

36 minutes ago, michibull said:

With the exception of the RG 297 beret,  the color of a beret isn’t an indication of an individuals accomplishments.  They are unit headgear, not individual awards.

As a player, football uniforms, if kept traditional, give many players a sense of pride in wearing the uniform that the great players/teams that came before them did.  But hell,  why would USF want to actually create traditions?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

Ask a dumb ******* question, get a dumb ******* answer.

I never asked a question.  I made a statement.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

36 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I never asked a question.  I made a statement.  

10 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

And...how many times have they gone to black with neon stripes?

9 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

When?

7 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Really!  Pics please, I can’t recall ever seeing Jarheads in black uniforms with neon stripes.  

Those were all questions we both knew the answer to.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Not sure how we went from caring or not caring about our USF Football uniform's color, piping, number font and helmet trim to our US military or someone's kids going to school each day, but hey, it's the world we live in. 

Bastardize to make it fit.

Go Bulls!

• Haha 1