• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the fan with the flamingo please

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Thebullsfan said:

Okay bud. Well they have been doing this for years so oh well. 

I have been to numerous games between 2007 Auburn and this year and haven't seen a single one.  If it was widespread, I'd feel the same way, but it's just not.  Let's talk when it becomes "Terrible Towel" level.  

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I have been to numerous games between 2007 Auburn and this year and haven't seen a single one.  If it was widespread, I'd feel the same way, but it's just not.  Let's talk when it becomes "Terrible Towel" level.  

Okay. You're standards and mine are 2 different things. Also I have been to numerous games too and I have seen them. Then again I actually look for them and I counted about 9 of them today. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Well - we sit in sec 218 (home sideline near the 20) and that was my daughter and her two friends on the video board tonight

For anyone wondering, you can get your own pink war flamingo at party city for $1 - best in-game entertainment that money can buy for 9 year olds!:GoBulls:

C8037558-7C46-4D19-928D-E037FAA1EB49.jpeg

That’s awesome🤘

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

With all due respect to young children who are welcome to wave whatever they want at football games... 

"War flamingo" is plainly and objectively idiotic. With our new academic logo, it is quite clear that the university would have picked up "war flamingo" if it had a 0.0000001% chance of being something that adults with ANY IQ points to spare would get behind. It did not, and does not, and never will. Please stop beating the very long dead war flamingo. It is sad to see members of our amazing fan base stray so far from decency. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,474
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I honestly think I’ve seen at least one at every game, I swear I am not trying to be contrarian and I feel it’s pretty close to the truth.

Agree completely with at least one at almost every game, but never a whole lot, so I'm not sure why just a few at each game is so freaking offensive to some. Just having some stupid fun with them ...... plus, every time I see one, reminds me of that Auburn game and a smile creeps onto my face with the memory.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Agree completely with at least one at almost every game, but never a whole lot, so I'm not sure why just a few at each game is so freaking offensive to some. Just having some stupid fun with them ...... plus, every time I see one, reminds me of that Auburn game and a smile creeps onto my face with the memory.

Pretty much right there with you. I’ve never had a War Flamingo and more than likely never will but I don’t see how people coming to the game and having some harmless fun would manage to ruin people’s day. When War Flamingos are spotted I don’t see how they don’t just invoke memories of a moment when we thought we had made it and spring a dream that those days are once again right around the corner. Football is supposed to be fun, getting upset at someone’s inflatable  flamingo is not fun.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

pre-dating this in the blow up Bulls traditions is the multicolored War Beach Ball. Numerous balls have been at various games I've attended including our inaugural game at the Old Sombrero. A fine tradition enjoyed by so many fans-- even the ones who occasionally would get bopped in the head as the ball landed on them harmlessly. But careful Bulls fans-- don't let the ball reach the stadium field-- as the security personnel are all too willing to pop the War Beach Ball as part of their No Fun On My Watch Policy.

gotta love USF traditions....

Edited by MikeG