• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Idea for a better start

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Why don't we spot each team we play 14 points, fast forward to the 4th quarter.   Or better yet, we bring in a team to play us for 30 minutes before we start a game.  

Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

I think the point of the offense is to lull them to sleep. However had we hit even a third of our deep shots it would different games. I don't see Gilbert adjusting too much. Could he surprise us? Yes. Will he? Probably not.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Offer money...

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Have the operator count the quarters down instead of up?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

Dude this is dejavu with the failed pro-style Willie T was trying to run here his first couple of years.

Then he had the realization that if you play a 2-minute offense, with Florida athletes from the opening kickoff on, you'll probably score more points and win more games.

Let's hope Gilbert and Strong have a same revelation before our luck runs out, it's not that hard to figure out and its been winning us games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

Even going through old USF season guides from the 90's, CJL and Canales state the need to run a pro-style offense at USF.

Although by the time Grothe was here, we had successfully switched to a spread style even though it was basically the same coaches.

JUST RUN THE SPREAD AT USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Dude this is dejavu with the failed pro-style Willie T was trying to run here his first couple of years.

Then he had the realization that if you play a 2-minute offense, with Florida athletes from the opening kickoff on, you'll probably score more points and win more games.

Let's hope Gilbert and Strong have a same revelation before our luck runs out, it's not that hard to figure out and its been winning us games.

I forget...how many conference championships has the 2 min/spread  offense won for us?

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I genuinely thought they had that revelation after the UCF game. The problem is that the “playbook” and scheme lacks creativity at the core. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I get what the OP is saying. I remember saying after we hired CCS, it would be really hard to grade him the 1st two seasons because our Schedules were so weak. 

I will say, they do make some adjustments. Maybe not when we would like but somehow it has worked out for the coaching staff. I do like that about this staff.

I feel like this football team is the lazy kid, that is talented. When he gets behind, he reaches back and pulls out a little "extra". Think about all the games this team has "under-performed" the last two seasons. 

We have practically mailed it in it seems on several occasions and really only in the UH game did we get burned. I would say the 1st quarter of the UCF game but both teams played pretty well that game.  Sure it would be nice to blow teams out but I will take the W's. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Better research on the "Girls of..." thread.  You guys are too original with those pictures.